08+ Tailgate installed

Agjake11

Reaction score
:thumbsup: went to look at a KR steering wheel and ended up with a sweet deal on a 08 tailgate that is already my color (mostly) and in great shape. no dents but does have scratchs and no step.

got it home and installed then swapped the lock cylinder from my old one and love the look. will be getting it repainted in the near future and probably a camera that will display to my insight CTS.

PICS :rocker:

photo-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

(it does have a teal strip at top currently)

and the wheels im looking at getting before the yrs over (looking at pricing now)

Throttles.jpg

:wave:

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
looks great man! gotta love the 08+ rear ends. Now you just need a bumper to compliment the tail gate and lights. I also dig the look in that last pic! Get those wheels ordered!

Agjake11

Reaction score
yea i love it and its only cost me 225 plus about 100-120 in clothes for the wifey after haha.

so far the wheels look to be about 880 total for 20x10 on rimzoneonline,

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
yea i love it and its only cost me 225 plus about 100-120 in clothes for the wifey after haha.

so far the wheels look to be about 880 total for 20x10 on rimzoneonline,

:doh: LOL

That sounds like a great deal on some 20x10 rims, specially fuels!

Agjake11

Reaction score
haha yea but trying to decide what tires and to do them at the same time or tires first then wheels. falkens mounted on them from rimzone is about 2100 shipped but gonna see if i could get discount to match or beat it

Agjake11

Reaction score
Awesome news. Ran out in the Tahoe to get kolaches and pass the truck when pulling back in. Notice the center back window looks open and realize someone broke in. Furious I got out opened door since I didnt see my cts from outside and gladly saw it hanging there on the floor plugged in. The smashed the window but the tint held the glass mostly in one piece then they crawled in and over the car seat in the middle back to get up front and unlock the truck. Had the cts a spare key to the truck and 2 pairs of oakleys in the front seats and all they took was a pair of tin snips. Retards couldn't figure out how to get the cts out or unplugged. And my Tahoe has factory nav and parked right next to the truck over night and was just fine.

Looks like new glass and tint tomorrow

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
That sucks!! I remember when they got in mine. Made me sick to my stomach knowing they had been in my truck. Maybe you need to sleep in it over night in case they come back, and have a little surprise waiting when they open the door :biggun:

Agjake11

Reaction score
i was about to be sick until i saw the cts still there. just pisses me off cuz now i need to do more tint and will probably have to redo the entire back window and replacing the glass and a new century club sticker.

MorganY

Reaction score
I have my truck locked down to chit! the impossible to steal ravelco system (without towing), and my viper alarm that beeps if you get too close:) (proximity radar add on)

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Tailgate looks great! My 08 tailgate is in the body shop getting painted right now. Sucks to hear that it got broken into, I hate scum bags.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
So 08 tails and tailgate are a direct bolt in?

And, 20x12 Throttles black/machined FTW!!! Same as I plan on getting!!!

Agjake11

Reaction score
almost 100% tails have different reverse bulb sockets so i ran them without reverse lights till today and the gate needs a different hinge on the driver side or to have the new style hinge taken out of that side then its direct. (guy had taken it out already on mine)

and damn them wheels look sick but i think im staying at 20x10. i want 20x12 but cant find a tire that doesnt kill the wallet and is wide enough for a 12.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.