Truck Dead 100 miles from home

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Dont have a clue what's wrong. I was driving about 65mph and it just shut off on me. Tried to restart it but just trembles when trying to crank. Fuel gauge says 50 miles till empty.

Something similar to this happened to me about 2 months ago. Driving 60mph and it just shut off. I thought i had ran out of fuel, it told me 40 miles till empty. I probably shoudnt be letting it get so low but i've had it down to 5 miles till empty. Took it to the Ford and they said it was a broken rod(or something) on the fuel pump.

Any help would be really apreceiated.

Thanks in advance

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Are you still on stock fuel system? Don't let it get under like 60

Sent from my Droid Charge using TAPTALK

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Damn a tank that empty would make my ass pucker. I get nervous at a 1/4 with how picky these fuel systems are.
If this has occurred before on that low of a tank why do you let the tank get that low?
I bet the suction sucked some air in.

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Damn a tank that empty would make my ass pucker. I get nervous at a 1/4 with how picky these fuel systems are.
If this has occurred before on that low of a tank why do you let the tank get that low?
I bet the suction sucked some air in.

Yeah I know I should of never let it get so low. I'm so pissed at myself Bc I passed a little fuel station like 5 miles ago but decided to fill up at a big Truck Stop 10 miles away. Now I'm stuck in the middle.

Atsah

Reaction score
Put some fuel in it.. Letting it get that low is nothing but trouble in a diesel..

2good2Btru

Reaction score
I am but I don't think it will be that easy.

Any suggestions are more than welcome while I sit here on the side of the road

Atsah

Reaction score
I am but I don't think it will be that easy.

Any suggestions are more than welcome while I sit here on the side of the road

Seems to me that both times it has happened your tank was low on fuel. Maybe there is something wrong with your fuel level sensor or whatever they call it.. 1/4 of a tank is as low as I'll go..

BFT

Reaction score
when was the last time you did the fuel filters? letting it go that low will sometimes need for the filters to be changed.

cycle the key and hit the shrader valve on the fuel cooler to purge any air that you have. make sure you have more fuel before you do that though

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.