Reputable shop to head gasket repair in Indiana?

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
Just as the title states, got a buddy who wants to get studs and head gaskets done and is looking for a reputable shop in the Northwest Indiana area. Any ideas? He is willing to travel for the right shop.

3brorce

Reaction score
Scheid is like 4 hours I think from where he is. A shop in Illinois would be closer I think like Dan's Diesel Performance Marengo IL would be closer. Or Heavy Metal Performance in Rockdale Illinois. Not too sure. What town in Indiana are you from ? Valpo or Merrillville area?

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
I'm from valpo, he is from morgan township. He considered Scheid's but was looking for somewhere a little closer. I have never heard of those other places you mentioned but i will pass them on and do a little digging for him. Thanks

3brorce

Reaction score
Yea Heavy Metal is about a hour and a half away from Valpo. Dans Diesel is 2 and a half. I have seen personally a ton of Dans trucks sled pull and he knows what he is doing. Heavy Metsl too. They both have websites too if you want to check them out.

lubeowner

Reaction score
Bring it to Platteville, wi. Were are a little farther, but very few know more about the 6.0 then we do. I would bet no one can beat our price and you will get a better end result. And about Dan's diesel, while I would consider him a friend, I would not consider him a ford mechanic. He doesn't even have a scan tool to test the 6.0. Once he can't get them to start he either calls me, wants to bring the truck to my shop, or takes it to the dealer. I have helped him out on several of his Ford projects. Now put Dan on a duramax or cummins and it is a completely different story.

3brorce

Reaction score
I seriously thought about teling him about Lubeowner's but he said that Scheid was too far and thats only 3 hours away. Good to know about Dan's. I did see mainly Dmax's and Cummins pulling but there were a couple strokers.

3brorce

Reaction score
Good to know. Elkhart is not that far from me either. Never knew there was a shop there. How long have you guys been there?

dansdieselp

Reaction score
Thanks for the referral 3brorce. We've specialized in Duramax since day one, but we do a lot with Cummins and Powerstrokes. Done a lot of head gaskets, egr deletes, oil coolers, and injectors on 6.0s as well as custom tuned them with SCT. We always do the job right at a fair price.

3brorce

Reaction score
Thanks for the referral 3brorce. We've specialized in Duramax since day one, but we do a lot with Cummins and Powerstrokes. Done a lot of head gaskets, egr deletes, oil coolers, and injectors on 6.0s as well as custom tuned them with SCT. We always do the job right at a fair price.

Heard you had to help one of my buddy's out this weekend with his regular cab 05 dmax. I kind of told him about the efi live on dmaxs and was kind of leery when he told me that his truck wasnt running right with it. Now he needs a trans which stinks. Wish he would have went with a more reputable tuner like yourself right away.

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
Hey dansdieselp could you pm me a price for headgaskets/studs and machining the heads. Thanks for all the debate guys, my buddy is still weighing his options and his bank account LOL. Any other help is appreciated.

dansdieselp

Reaction score
Heard you had to help one of my buddy's out this weekend with his regular cab 05 dmax. I kind of told him about the efi live on dmaxs and was kind of leery when he told me that his truck wasnt running right with it. Now he needs a trans which stinks. Wish he would have went with a more reputable tuner like yourself right away.

Yeah it's here. The tuner before didn't know crap about tuning. Copying PPE files and mixing in his own junk destroyed the trans. We haven't gotten it apart yet, but I'm betting C2 is toast. We put our tunes in and it wont hold our 50hp tow tune. Not good, but it will be built when it's done.

3brorce

Reaction score
Yeah it's here. The tuner before didn't know crap about tuning. Copying PPE files and mixing in his own junk destroyed the trans. We haven't gotten it apart yet, but I'm betting C2 is toast. We put our tunes in and it wont hold our 50hp tow tune. Not good, but it will be built when it's done.

Yea I thought that it wasn't right because he said that it would shift wierd. It also was not making that much power either and all the positions of the chip seemed the same. What are you putting suncoast stuff in there? That gmax pac or whatever it is called with billet shafts and that or not going that far with it? I am excited for him to get that thing back I told him I am going to have to come up there for a test ride when it is done.

Latest posts

Members online