Truck at FORD

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Well got towed to my house sunday night and took it to the ford on Monday morning.
They told me they're still working on it. They said that the injector on cylinder number 3 when out. They thought they had it fix, took it out for a test ride and started acting uP again. They are thinking about replacing the low pressure fuel pump. Their trying to talk ford into authorize replacing the whole fuel system. The tech thinks that the low pressure pump is starving the HP pump.
What do y'all think?

Oh by the way the last trip to the dealer, was a broken shaft in the HP pump.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Sounds typical. They'll replace the low pressure pump, test drive it, and it will still do the same thing. After they have had your truck 2-3 weeks it'll finally get fixed when they have replaced everything in the fuel system with the HPFP being the last. Back in the day, techs would replace the HPFP first. No prior approval needed. Now Ford wants them to replace everything else first it seems. It's a waste of time and money in my opinion.

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
Ford is making it tough for techs now with prior approvals and such. They have it on some things where you have to send in digital pics for approval.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
A good tech who is just as smart with a keyboard as he is with a wrench can get approval to fix what the truck needs the first time:D. I'm pleading the 5th on how thats done.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
I can be when I need to fix a truck without playing Fords BS warranty game. You should see some of the questions and stupid suggestions the engineers make before they give you approval to fix what the truck really needs.

08murderedout

Reaction score
I think the 6.0 boys screwed us

Just kidding i had one and had a lot of warranty work done to it haha

Latest posts

Members online