PSC Steering Cylinder Assist

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I've been wondering about those as well. It looks like they're only about 30-40 miles away from me, I might have to drive out there and take a look in person.

Layson

Reaction score
Do you have crossover steering? That to me is a night and day difference.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I've never ran one, but that kit will do what you want. It should turn it into one finger steer when stopped. It'll also help keep you from popping the sector shaft in the steering box from all the leverage of the big tires.

Personally, if I was looking for first hand feedback on that unit, I'd wander over to Pirate4x4.

Layson, I'm curious what criteria you are going from for "cross over steering"?

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
Running one on my truck.. with sending them the steering box to tap and flow with install was about $1k.

Running with 40x15.50 I.can spin the steering wheel with 2 fingers at a dead stop.

Layson

Reaction score
I've never ran one, but that kit will do what you want. It should turn it into one finger steer when stopped. It'll also help keep you from popping the sector shaft in the steering box from all the leverage of the big tires.

Personally, if I was looking for first hand feedback on that unit, I'd wander over to Pirate4x4.

Layson, I'm curious what criteria you are going from for "cross over steering"?

For older trucks pre-05 you can get a high steer knuckle. That makes a huge improvement on a lifted truck.

I don't think you can get a cast high steer knuckle for 05 and newer. I wouldnt even touch one that was welded or bolted on. For a dedicated off road truck I would but not on a street truck

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
OK, I see where you're coming from on that. I've always tended to seperate the two terms. To me "crossover" is simply having the draglink attach somewhere on or near the passenger side knuckle regardless of what type of arms you have (high or low). When I consider "high-steer", it's as you describe with one or both steering arms on top of the knuckle.

Now that you mention it, I don't recall ever seeing a high steer knuckle for 05'+ trucks either. Hmmm..

Charles

Reaction score
Having less wheel backspace will always help them steer as well. Otherwise with a lot of backspace the wheel is pretty much just twisting. With less backspace (tires sticking out farther) the tire/wheel gets to roll as you steer.

Other than that, a superduty with a functional powersteering pump should turn a 38 without a lot of fuss.

Last edited:

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Having less wheel backspace will always help them steer as well. Otherwise with a lot of backspace the wheel is pretty much just twisting. With less backspace (tires sticking out farther) the tire/wheel gets to roll as you steer.
Good point. AKA scrub radius.

Latest posts

Members online