remote start help

mudbrother

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am trying to hook up a remote start in my 97 OBS 5 speed. All diagrams I see say that accessory for heat /ac is gray and yellow. Our trucks have three of those in the ignition switch harness. 2 large wires and one small. Which one do I hook up to? I want both heat and ac to work. Do I need a relay for the horn? I was under the impression that it was a neg line I was tapping into already. Please excuse my ignorance. This is the first remote start I have installed. My unit is a Crimestoppers RS-4G2. Any install advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Spastik monkey

Reaction score
without the install manual for your unit, i can't tell many how many accessory/ignition outputs it has. one of the grey/yellow wires is a 2nd ignition and the other is the accessory. you can check which by using your multimeter to see which one gets voltage with the key turned to accessory and which gets voltage when turned to ign. there should also be a blue/green wire that controls the heat/ac. as for the horn, you shouldn't need a relay as it is a negative system. if you have any other issues please feel free to post up here or pm me

mudbrother

Reaction score
Hey Spastik. My remote start has two outputs for acc. Using a power probe on the 3 gray yellow wires in the ign switch harness, I was able to determine that the two large guage wires go to the heat/ac blower motor and the small gray yellow wire powers up the dash guages. All three wires come on at first switch pos,drop off at second(starter engaged)then come back on when running. Thank you for your help

Latest posts

Members online