fog light mod

Wright337

Reaction score
The way i posted up lets you keep your org. fog light switch, but allows them to be on even with the brights on. Did it on mine and it was pretty simple.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
The way i posted up lets you keep your org. fog light switch, but allows them to be on even with the brights on. Did it on mine and it was pretty simple.

Only works on 02 and newer (probably only with the switch that lets you run fogs without headlights). I don't know what year his truck is so I figured I would throw another option out there.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
This may work for pre '02's..

Found the fix for a 2001. Remove the headlight switch plate and unplug the two plugs. Take a drilll bit inside the the switch and remove enogh material so that you can pull the switch out it the parking light possition. Next take the white wire with the black stripe on it and cut it. tape off the end that goes back into the wire harnes under the dash so it will not short out. Take the other end of it that goes into the plug end and tap it into the parking lights, the brown wire. Now you have fog lights when you pull the switch out in the parking light possition and you keep them when you turn on your high beams.

Marty

Reaction score
True, put a toggle switch on it then. That's what I did. I did not have luck modifying the switch to work. Plus it was so easy to just jump the wire.

Marty

Reaction score
Personally if I'm going to have my running lights on I will have my fogs on. Plus they stay on with your high beams.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Personally if I'm going to have my running lights on I will have my fogs on. Plus they stay on with your high beams.

This^^ Marty was the one that talked me through doing mine, just wired to a switch I already had mounted. Less than 5 min work.