Thinking about an intake

quicksilver11

Reaction score
I'm debating putting an intake on my truck. Are they worth the money or should I just keep saving my pennies for a tuner? Just looking for some better mileage and response. Nothing crazy.

Sgt93

Reaction score
I have the S&B and like it a lot. There is an increase in throttle response that more than pays for itself. Mileage gains may be slight but again, the throttle response is great.

Mpoage

Reaction score
I have the S&B and like it a lot. There is an increase in throttle response that more than pays for itself. Mileage gains may be slight but again, the throttle response is great.

Is Turbo noise louder than stock?

Sgt93

Reaction score
You will hear the intake sucking in air for sure. Is it like removing the silencer ring off of a Cummins, not exactly.

Last edited:

Strokerguy

Reaction score
I was told by a local diesel performance shop that they couldn't find a aftermarket air intake that made any difference on the Dyno?? I don't understand that if they are flowing more air through the engine.

Sgt93

Reaction score
I believe Jesse@MBRP (he has an S&B) dyno'd his truck and saw a 5hp gain with the intake. Gains are minimal but again, the throttle response was well worth it.

Latest posts

Members online