EGR Cooler Thread

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Where can I find a good step by step procedure for replacing the EGR cooler and oil cooler? I placed my order with Bulletproof today, so I might as well get started with the removal. Ford garage wants $2100, and THERE IS A NATIONWIDE BACKORDER OF OVER 600 OIL COOLERS. Soonest they could start work is 2 weeks. Bulletproof said they have 100 oil coolers but they are going fast. Anybody who has done this, please post up your tips and lessons learned.

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
I can't delete the EGR. I am in California where modifying a vehicle's emission controls is a $5000 fine.

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
You got one of the 600 made last week. There are 658 orders for this week's production of 600. So only 542 will be available next week. They are not available now because they haven't been made yet.

Donnie1

Reaction score
PM me your email address. Ill send you an EGR delete instruction file. Just ignore the deleting part lol.

PM sent. I will be doing my EGR delete and oil cooler change within the next couple of weeks.

I got my oil cooler from Sunrise Ford the other day but was also told that there is a shortage right now and they almost didn't let it go because they had a few there for shop jobs.

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Fine can be AS MUCH AS $5000. If I block or delete the EGR, the truck will not pass CA smog. But don't feel left out: California Air Resources Board, CARB, standards have been adopted in 17 states and there will be more. You only THINK California is a long ways away. Might be right in your home state. The feds may withhold highway funds from states that do not adopt stricter smog laws. It's coming, I'm telling you, it's coming. I have a CARB sticker to place next to my K&N intake. Without the sticker, the truck will not pass the visual part of the smog test because it has been modified.

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Update: My oil cooler arrived yesterday. Dealer was surprized it came so quickly. He wasn't sure it would be here any time this week. So now there is no excuse for not getting this done.

Latest posts

Members online