Vacuum Hub Control Valve?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone knows where the vacuum control valve to run the 4x4 hubs is located and if they have a part number for it. I'm currently putting an '05 Ford front axle under my Dmax and just decided that I needed the vacuum auto hubs to works and don't have a Ford truck handy to look at right now. I know there is a little vacuum pump that is also tied in with the HVAC controls, but there has to be a valve to control the hubs somewhere that can allow for the vacuum to be relieved off the system when the 4x4 disengages.

Thanks!
Jason

Zmann

Reaction score
it's not so easy
the computer sends a signal to the ESOF valve to engage or disengage the hubs // the duration and HG varies for lock and unlock

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
it's not so easy
the computer sends a signal to the ESOF valve to engage or disengage the hubs // the duration and HG varies for lock and unlock

Interesting.... did not know that. I'll need to go home and look at the lockouts and see if there is a way around that.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
It seems there are two levels of vacuum needed. A high level to lock in the hub and an intermediate level to unlock the hub. It will be a bit more effort than I originally thought, its still doable.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
For anyone looking for information on the ESOF system or the PVH valve and pump, I am going to try and put all that I know here in this thread as I acquire it, and then put it into the tech archive.

PVH valve function:

Pin 2 is a constant key on 12vdc
Pin 1 needs to be grounded for 50 seconds to provide a high vacuum source to lock the hubs in.
Pin 3 needs to be grounded for 15 seconds to provide a low vacuum source to unlock the hubs.

PVH valve part number: 7C3Z-9H465A
Vacuum pump part number: 6C3Z-2A451A

Attachments

• PVH 2006.pdf
    305.4 KB · Views: 48
  • F350 pdf file1.pdf
    96.2 KB · Views: 266
  • F350 pdf file2.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 77

Zmann

Reaction score
It seems there are two levels of vacuum needed. A high level to lock in the hub and an intermediate level to unlock the hub. It will be a bit more effort than I originally thought, its still doable.

true and it's also a duration variance for lock unlock
pm me your email I have a pdf for you

EDIT whats the chances Hotrodtractor would post it as I was typing lol

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
true and it's also a duration variance for lock unlock
pm me your email I have a pdf for you

EDIT whats the chances Hotrodtractor would post it as I was typing lol

LOL It happens - I was going to post it last night, but found a little more today while looking - I just need a small electrical circuit that can latch in to ground the one pin for 50 seconds and the other pin for 15 seconds and I'll have functional auto hubs at a flip of a switch in my SAS'd Dmax! Pretty excited for that. The only reason I am wiring it to its own switch instead of tying it into the tcase is because I want 2wd low for backing up a trailer and other such tasks where 2wd low is hand as hell.

Latest posts

Members online