Airdog Install Question

STRAIGHTSTROKEN04

Reaction score
Alright guys i got a great deal on a airdog 1 150 and installed it. When hooking it up i unplugged the stock line running from the tank to the pump and zip-tied it up out of the way. Hooked up the air dog line and everything was fine, I drove it all week with no problems. That weekend i was taking my truck to a Friends shop to get studs put in. So i filled up and headed down, got close and stop to fill up again. When i come out from getting a drink i see fuel leaking from under the truck, get under there and the factory line is leaking fuel, first thought is why ? So i figured i would unhook the airdog and run the stock line because i could cut power to the airdog so it wouldnt pump fuel. Well i did this but fuel still leaked from the airdog. So at this point i pinched the line and drove to the shop. Got there and it was hardly dripping. I told him about it and he said he would look into it. Fastfoward a week and im back to pick up my truck. He said the airdog fitting was bad but the one he ordered didnt come in so he would send it to me. So he hooked up the factory line until i could get the fitting. So i was fine with that until i got about half way home and stop to fill up. Came out to seel fuel leaking from the airdog line. So at this point i went to autozone put a bolt and clamps in the line to stop it from leaking. I get home and its still driping. I was at work and thought that that airdog fitting was fine it never leaked before it was the factory line. So now, after all that explaning my question what do you guys do with your factory line ? Take it off completly or plug it ? If you plug it how ? I dont understand why it leaks there is nothing pulling it from the tank. What do you guys think ? Or is something else messed up that i am missing ? Thanks for any input.

caladash

Reaction score
You have to cap the factory line in the tank or remove it all together. When you filled your tank up the pressure from the full tank is pushing the fuel through the factory line to the end where it used to connect to the pump. Mine did the same thing when I installed mine. I fixed it by putting a bolt in the factory line and using two clamps to stop it from leaking.

Studded 6leaker

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. Scares the crap out of you to see your truck dumping fuel all over the ground. LOL

MorganY

Reaction score
Alright guys i got a great deal on a airdog 1 150 and installed it. When hooking it up i unplugged the stock line running from the tank to the pump and zip-tied it up out of the way. Hooked up the air dog line and everything was fine, I drove it all week with no problems. That weekend i was taking my truck to a Friends shop to get studs put in. So i filled up and headed down, got close and stop to fill up again. When i come out from getting a drink i see fuel leaking from under the truck, get under there and the factory line is leaking fuel, first thought is why ? So i figured i would unhook the airdog and run the stock line because i could cut power to the airdog so it wouldnt pump fuel. Well i did this but fuel still leaked from the airdog. So at this point i pinched the line and drove to the shop. Got there and it was hardly dripping. I told him about it and he said he would look into it. Fastfoward a week and im back to pick up my truck. He said the airdog fitting was bad but the one he ordered didnt come in so he would send it to me. So he hooked up the factory line until i could get the fitting. So i was fine with that until i got about half way home and stop to fill up. Came out to seel fuel leaking from the airdog line. So at this point i went to autozone put a bolt and clamps in the line to stop it from leaking. I get home and its still driping. I was at work and thought that that airdog fitting was fine it never leaked before it was the factory line. So now, after all that explaning my question what do you guys do with your factory line ? Take it off completly or plug it ? If you plug it how ? I dont understand why it leaks there is nothing pulling it from the tank. What do you guys think ? Or is something else messed up that i am missing ? Thanks for any input.

did you buy mine from ebay? I had the same issue. when you don't plug the factory line that isnt in use, it pressurizes from the newly full tank. I drove home last year from a gas station pissing $4.34 a gallon on the ground. I cut the push fitting off (factory line that connects to the inlet of the pump) plugged it with a bolt and some high temp RTV i had laying around, and a ziptie. Hasn't leaked since.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online