Excursion locks

caladash

Reaction score
So I just realized that when you use the lock switch on either left or right front doors it's sounds like the locks are locking but indeed they are not. That's on all doors locking or unlocking. I took apart the drivers door and it looks like the actuator is not moving in it full range. Tried lubing it up with no joy. Anyone else deal with this issue?

caladash

Reaction score
That's kind of like my problem. They move just not enough to lock or unlock. I will give that a try on one of them and see if it works.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
I picked up new Ford doorlock actuators for all 4 doors of my crewcab and when I pulled the door panels and pulled the old lock actuators out and compared them to the new lock actuators they looked different. So the new ones are an updated lock actuator. I also added some Jimmy Jammers to it while I had them out.
My old ones would make some noise but no action. All is good now with the new ones.

gambling209

Reaction score
what do you need to replace the actuator. i was told there is two other pieces you need to get from ford. maybe ford changed the design? i think they were pigtail plugs. i have one that went bad.

Arisley

Reaction score
In 4 years since mine went bad and I repaired them, they have worked perfect. Your choice, buy new actuators every couple of years, or use a bit of foil on them once.

caladash

Reaction score
Got 5 actuators from rock auto. The cases are secured with screws instead of the plastic clips. They seem a bit heavier as well.....hope they last!!

squeak12

Reaction score
If you have a bench grinder on hand or a little imagination, I would recommend grinding pennies or copper stock instead of wrapping them in foil.