Grinding Sound in Steering...PLease Help

Sniper32

Reaction score
Ok yall ive had a problem for about a month or so now and its seeming to get worse....
If I make a left turn (more than half way cut), I get a grinding sound/feel in the steering. The weird thing is that it only happens when I am on the gas. No sound/feel on any right turn or coasting (not on the gas) left turns.
Does anyone have any ideas?!? its really starting to annoy me!

Ive checked front differential(level is good but i probably need to change it), had my mechanic check bearings(he said they seem fine), upper and lower ball joints were changed 2-3 months ago..Ive also made sure the tired arent rubbing or anything....besides the steering box I cant think of what it would be. Please help!!

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
This is a long shot, but maybe you have a front axle u-joint binding up.

Another long shot but relates to the u-joints.... Maybe you hubs are sticking. Try manually locking them in and see if anything changes.

My only other thought is something going in the PS pump, although it wouldn't make sense for it to only act up one way and not the other. It would make sense if you are having a bound up u-joint problem though.

Can you isolate the noise/grinding to either the engine bay or undercarrage? Might need a helper for this.

Latest posts

Members online