Clutch time

sniper_101

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the one I got. Chatters pretty good if you slip it at idle, especially in the cold weather, but haven't had it slip yet when I pull the semi or tractor around.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
I just had a south bend put in my truck, so far I'm happy with it. But I haven't pulled any thing since I got it put in.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The chatter comes from the springs/dampers in the clutch disk. we have a full line of Southbend clutches if your interested in looking at them on our site.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
My clutch is on its way out. Probobly going to to be changed by Christmas.

Im 90% deadset on Valair Clutch, and this is the one Im looking at. Hopefully someone has used this clutch and solid mass flywheel and could tell me how it does.

PSSST......We have a great prices on Valair clutches.

e99f2506sp

Reaction score
Not to steal your thread here, but what clutch would yall recommend for a truck that sees quite a bit of towing, but has asperations of going up in power more than just a chip? I got a php chip now and hope to get injectors, turbo, hpop, etc as they wear out and need upgrading.

I'd prefer something that doesn't chatter if I can at all help it.

Stock clutch is still rolling good at 104k and I have no idea how it was driven for the first 65k of its life so it may or may not be on its way out. I need the truck for work so would like to have my ducks in a row so when it does decide its time to retire, I can be ready with which one to order and get it installed asap.

oldbluef250

Reaction score
Sounds like someone will be getting a pretty good deal.

Why only 100 miles then sell?

I got if for a pulling truck i was building. I got the truck together this summer and was fighting injector issues so I only got to drive it about 100 miles. I then got a job offer for next summer out in north dakota so I needed a more relaible truck. I then proceeded to get a 6.0 :doh:

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Not to steal your thread here, but what clutch would yall recommend for a truck that sees quite a bit of towing, but has asperations of going up in power more than just a chip? I got a php chip now and hope to get injectors, turbo, hpop, etc as they wear out and need upgrading.

I'd prefer something that doesn't chatter if I can at all help it.

Stock clutch is still rolling good at 104k and I have no idea how it was driven for the first 65k of its life so it may or may not be on its way out. I need the truck for work so would like to have my ducks in a row so when it does decide its time to retire, I can be ready with which one to order and get it installed asap.

I can get you the perfect clutch I just need to know the year and which trans you have:pimp:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.