WTF!?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I replaced the whole up pipe about a month ago. Got used with 65k miles on it from
Adam with strokers unlimited for a steal. Great guy to deal btw, nothing against him, but I think I busted it again. Pulled off to get some diesel from in San Antonio yesterday and the road was a little bit bumpy due to construction. After I filled up and got back on the road, sounded like an exhaust leaking and squealing noise like when the original one cracked.

Does this happen often? I am guessing though, have bot had a chance to really look, bit sounded and acted similar.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
Cut out the flex section, and weld in stainless bellows. Every one I've seen fail, failed in the flex sections. There's a few companies that will sell you upgraded ones like this too, if you aren't able to do it yourself. I bought mine from a shop around San Antonio, I don't think they are a sponsor here though, so if you want PM me and I'll tell you who.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yeap I just had one come in with 33k on it, cracked and sqeauling

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Cut out the flex section, and weld in stainless bellows. Every one I've seen fail, failed in the flex sections. There's a few companies that will sell you upgraded ones like this too, if you aren't able to do it yourself. I bought mine from a shop around San Antonio, I don't think they are a sponsor here though, so if you want PM me and I'll tell you who.

Ya Pm me the info if ya dont mind. Guess this next one im going to do on my own, Cant afford another mech bill for this.
Just a little aggravated, thought i had everything worked out for awhile.
:flush:

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Just replaced mine last week and it cracked in the flex as well, it was because of a broken exhaust hanger though, fixed now.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
Just replaced mine last week and it cracked in the flex as well, it was because of a broken exhaust hanger though, fixed now.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but how would a broken exhaust hanger in any way effect the up pipes? They just go from your exhaust manifolds up to the turbo. As long as the turbo is properly bolted to the pedestal, I don't see how the broken hanger could cause a crack in the up pipes. Again, not being an a$$ just genuinely curios.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Just curious... Any y'all know what's the purpose of the flex section. I mean if it works with out it, why have it? Obviously common sense tells me for stress relief when or if the pipe moves.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Just curious... Any y'all know what's the purpose of the flex section. I mean if it works with out it, why have it? Obviously common sense tells me for stress relief when or if the pipe moves.

It has to have a little bit of give in it somewhere. If you can Jeremy, snatch that y back off and send it back. Ill put the bellows in it for you, or ill see if I can get my hands on another set.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Well finally had a chance this morning to poke around under the hood and chasis to look for the leak. Didn't find it, but I did find a broken hanger and I'm leaking oil on passenger side above the starter. Couldnt quite get my paw in there, but anyone have an idea?
I known I have been leakin for awhile but never made it to the ground till last week.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.