Speedometer keeps dropping out?

Wojo

Reaction score
Hey guys. just curious if anybody knows why my speedometer will just drop out at random times. it wont do it if im doing highway speeds. but driving around town doing 35-40 mph it will drop to zero and go right back to the same speed. it does it at random times, no check engine lights, no abs, lights, no nothing. just drops out and comes right back. let me know what you guys think. its very annoying

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Sounds like the beginnings of the VSS failing. Cheap enough to just replace and see, should be around $20 easily swapped on the top of the rear pumpkin.

Wojo

Reaction score
thats what i was wondering. isnt there a vss in the tranny to?

Wojo

Reaction score
well the speedometer doesnt cut out above 50 miles an hour. so. it could very well be the vss

G Racing

Reaction score
What we are saying is that if you have the cruise control on and the speedometer is fluctuating and the cruise control does not turn off then it's not the vss. The vss will cause the cruise control to cut out if it was bad.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I had this issue once. 1/2 throttle from a red light and it went to 0 and stayed. I shut the truck off and swtich tunes and it came back, i didnt try ot just shut the key off and on since i needed to switch tunes anyway.

Latest posts

Members online