EGR delete & head stud upgrade

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I'm looking to do an EGR delete and head stud upgrade, but don't know where to turn. Are there kits that are better than others? I've been told ARP is the way to go for studs, so I'm sure I'll be going that route, but as far as the delete kit is concerned I don't know if there's manufacturers/designs I should stay away from. In case some of you don't know, this is my first diesel. I don't want to make tons of power, I just want to make this a good, reliable truck that will last me a long, long time. Any other tips and pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
- EGR Delete - Sinister, Performance Machine and MFG, and there is another. Basically you want the EGR delete pipe to thread into the aluminum piece it is coupled with instead of a design like BD where it just sits in a hole.

- Tuner - Chris @ Truck Source Diesel, Eric @ Innovative Diesel, Matt @ Gearhead, Doug @ GoGo are all good tuners.

- Oil cooler, while you are in that intake you should go ahead and put a new oil cooler in it and a coolant filter.

- HG's, Go Ford OEM or Hypermax gaskets only. Ford OEM is the best.

DMAX

Reaction score
I am a fan of River City's Delete Kit. Replaces the up-pipe and is machined and tig welded to bolt up like worstenemy says

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I am a fan of River City's Delete Kit. Replaces the up-pipe and is machined and tig welded to bolt up like worstenemy says

I havent seen RCD's kit in a while but i believe its identical to Sinister, P-M&M and the others that use that design, so definitely nothing wrong there.

gjoski515

Reaction score
If you do the studs, get oem head gaskets, have the head checked for cracks and have them machined flat, get a coolant filter, where you located? Worstenemy453 can hook you up, have my work done by them :evil

Isaac3384

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm fairly nervous about all of this since this is my first diesel, but I'm pretty sure I'm taking the right precautions. I'm trying to learn all the little tips and tricks to maintaining my truck and making it last a long time. If there's anything else you guys can think of, please, let me know.

Members online

No members online now.