Black Side Molding?

Enoch

Reaction score
I have the factory side molding with the chrome strip, would like newer one's that are all black.
I would loose them altogether, but they do save me from more door dings.

Anyone know where I can find these cheaper than the dealer?
Checked partsgeek but didn't see them.

Thanks,

Enoch

Reaction score
Thanks, I just finished pulling mine off. Looks a lot better but since I'm a little
Lower to the ground I think I may benefit from having them.

Ouch

Reaction score
Not to get off topic but what was your method of removing them? I was thinking of some fish line and saw motion then adhesive remover...

thuglike

Reaction score
Not to get off topic but what was your method of removing them? I was thinking of some fish line and saw motion then adhesive remover...

Wait for a hot day and pull them off. They come off pretty easily.

Use goof off to remove any glue residue.

BMac

Reaction score
I pulled my all black ones off, looks cleaner without them....I just took a hair dryer to it, and it pulled right off, clean off the excess glue and your good to go

Enoch

Reaction score

I squirted goo gone on top of the molding and let it soak into the adhesive and then heated them up with a heat gun and used a plastic window tool to lift the edge up, then pulled it off slowly to make sure not to pull any paint off with the molding.
Then cleaned all the dirt off and used an eraser wheel with a drill to take off the adhesive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online