EQ settings

Spatel23

Reaction score
I just made the switch to a kenwood dnx9960 from a Pioneer D3. Im happy with it so far, still learning about the unit and figuring it out.

I do have a question about the EQ settings. I listen to pretty much everything.

Does anyone have a recommended setting for the 13 band EQ for this type of listening?

Some vehicle information:
2008 F350 crewcab
1 10inch JL sub in sealed box
MTX tdx68 in each door driven by head unit soon to be replaced with Infinity Kappas
Raamat on entire floor, backwall, and doors
Dynaliner over raamat on doors

Thanks

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I think the main thing is that it is hard to say how to set up an eq without sitting there and hearing it. I would get a 6er, sit in your truck and start experimenting. Your ears will now when it is right.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
EQ settings on the exact same equipment in 2 different cars will be different...you just have to play with it.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I figured those were the answers Id get......I was just wondering if there was some sort of baseline to start with.

Right now Ive got a slight smile or u shape going with them and it does sound better than it did already.

thanks fellas.

jdc753

Reaction score
It helps best to use music you are very familiar with and know how it is supposed to sound. Just sit there and play with it over and over again till you get that perma grin.

As said all vehicles will be the same due to cabin gain, speaker placement, and crossover points. I find in my truck I need a small boost down low around 63hz and I know I use a decent cut up around 4k to tone down the tweeters a little bit.

Some people will shoot for a Flat response curve as their baseline but to get this you need some audio equpment such as an RTA mic and some software to show the frequency response you are getting while playing a pink noise track. From the flat response you could then boost and cut as you desire, since to most a flat response doesn't sound the best.

White_monster

Reaction score
Shone I have the kenwood dnx9980hd and it has built in EQ settings and I just tweaked them from there. The head unit is awesome. I just switched from an Alpine IVA505. Like everyone says sit there and play. I found the provided EQ settings to be alright and made it easy to tweak from there. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.