Best fifth wheel reciever?

RichardSATX

Reaction score
I need to put a fifth wheel reciever back into my truck. Will be towing up to the limit for my F350. Do you guys have a favorite brand? What would be a good one?

Jake

Reaction score
Your welcome, got the gn part in both trucks. I have had the companion 5th part also

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I just bought a pullrite and it seems to be a high quality hitch especially if you have a shortbed truck as it slides back automatically to keep a 5th wheel camper from busting your rear window or cab when turning.

The theories sound and all but it has one drawback Im running into right now. I will have to bolt a plate on the camper I end up buying which in itself isnt the problem as much as the plates are different for different pin boxes used on different trailers.

Since I need to buy and pull the same day depending on what I find its going to be a pain. I will have to install the "kit" on the camper before I can pull it home and the universal version of the kit can take up to an hour to install.

Otherwise I think Im going to be happy with it.

ducatirider944

Reaction score
I have a 20K Reese and so does my buddy, nieter one of us has had a problem and back when I was racing it was 700-1200 miles every other weekend in the summer. He raced with me so he was in the same boat.

old96stroker

Reaction score
B&W, they are the best,most durable hitch built, just have to keep the collar that the ball goes in clean or you might have to have a sledgehammer or frontend loader to break the thing loose(it will rust in place) happened to me a couple years ago. I have heard the curt and reese hitches are good too just haven't ever had either one.

zabeard

Reaction score
UniGoose. Easily take out the ball from the top, only 1 hole in the bed and its clean looking.

Rated to over 60k lbs.

love mine

http://www.una-goose.com/

cheaper than B&W too I believe.

webscp2.jpg

Ball removed

alloyplug.gif

webnodrillford2.jpg

DaGuru

Reaction score
So, what year 350, DRW or SRW? If it's a 2K6 or newer DRW, you can likely pull more than either the pullrite or B&W Companion can handle.

Oh, and what rear end? This can make a difference in your GCVWR.

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have a reese 15k in one truck and a 20k coming for the 450. The rails are bolted into the top of the bed instead of the underside like the b&w but I have never had a problem with them being in the way or anything.

DaGuru

Reaction score
Based on the LB, I'd go with the B&W Companion, which would give you a very clean way to use the bed without the rails getting in the way. If your towing up to the limit, you may want to consider upgrading to a 4.10.

I considered going with the goose neck my truck came with, but my RV is too big to convert without voiding it's warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.