Softer Ride

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Alright, so I have a 2008 Ford F-250. The truck is basically stock height. The rear has stock blocks and factory shocks. The front has stock coils, Icon's 1" TEI, and 0-2" Bilstein 5100's. The truck rides so stiff in the front. I hate it. It rides a little better now with the factory 20's and tires with more sidewall, but it still rides a lot firmer than I would like. I drive on the street 99.9% of the time and the ride just isn't pleasing at all. I drove my dad's 2008 F-250 for 4 days while my truck was at body shop recently, and his truck road really good. So much better than mine. It's a bone stock truck with 92,000 miles on it that has been beat to death off-road on our farm. Just can't figure out why mine rides so bad in comparison.

I plan on going to 2.5" or 3" rear blocks to bring the rear up a tad and keeping the 1" TEI up front or going to 100% stock height. What are some suggestions for getting a better overall ride? I am guessing that shocks are about the only thing I can change up.

Thanks in advance!

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I would think its the spacer. Even though its only 1", it still loads the spring, taking away from its travel. I basically did the same on my 4 wheeler, added an inch spacer and it now rides like crap. I bet if you took the spacer out and went to stock height or put in 2.5" icon springs, it would ride a lot better!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I say aftermarket springs would do the trick. If you do some research they may have some with different spring rates. I had to change mine but they are a coil over. There should be some info from the different manufacturers but they may not want to share. Maybe give Trevor a call at PMF and see what he says.

Denver

Reaction score
I'de put some Bilstien coils on the front. It's going to level it out but the ride is a lot smoother. I had that and 7100 Bilstiens on my 05 and it was a night and day difference.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Best ride quality would be using a Pure Performance 2.5" 4 link level kit with Bilsteins..PM me if I can get you more info or pricing. The stock radius arms bind..

Cary

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Imo bilstein shock make the ride worse I have put 2 sets of bilsein shocks in a 04 chevy 3500 and a 05 gmc 2500 both now ride terible on gravel roads which they are both on everyday. I have icon coils icon shocks and a 4 link with a add a leaf and my truck rides like ****! but i know alot of that is my rear setup but i have a new setup on order hope it helps!!

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Put snowplow prep springs in the front, it'll sit pretty much level like your leveling kit now and ride much better. That's what mine came with and I think it rides great!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Put snowplow prep springs in the front, it'll sit pretty much level like your leveling kit now and ride much better. That's what mine came with and I think it rides great!

Hmmmm. Might have to look into this. Do you have factory shocks on the truck also?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Probably going to do stock height with factory shocks for awhile and see how that goes. That will be easy.

Latest posts

Members online