BFG A/T's 325/60r20E what tire pressure?

onebadf150

Reaction score
2006 F-250 regular cab 4.5lift on factory 08 20's And I was wonder what tire pressure I should run in them so the wont wear funny being on a narrow wheel?

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
How wide are the wheels? What is the max pressure rating for the tire? I would start at about 5psi under the max, mark a line across the tread with chalk and drive the truck forward and back in a flat parking lot. You want to see the chalk line wear evenly from shoulder to shoulder. I ran BFG ATs about 10 years ago and one of the biggest problems I had was tire wear was extremely sensitive to pressure change. Like +/- 1psi. I had to check the pressure weekly and if I forgot you could see the excessive wear in the middle or shoulders.

onebadf150

Reaction score
The wheels are factory 20x8 I know they are a little narrow but I've had both toyo mt's 35x12.5 and nitto trail grapplers 35x12.5 on the before. I found the chalk test you talk about that's great information I never new about that. I plan on running nitrogen in the tires to help with differential temps.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I am running Toyos 37's on a 20x10 wheel and run about 40psi in them since new. Wore correctly and has a much more forgiving ride. That 70psi stuff sucks, feel every little road variation.

onebadf150

Reaction score
I am running Toyos 37's on a 20x10 wheel and run about 40psi in them since new. Wore correctly and has a much more forgiving ride. That 70psi stuff sucks, feel every little road variation.

thanks eric I'm going to start there and do the chalk test after it to see if I need to adjust psi. Its hard for me to think that 40psi would be enough pressure to run on these trucks, but I guess thats why my last sets of tires wore irregular.

e99f2506sp

Reaction score
I run my 315/75r16 and my 35x12.50r20 at 55 all around (60 for the rears sometimes during the summer when I'm hauling heavy) and they all wear great, ride great, and have no issues.

I used to run the stock sized tire at 55 as well. I talked to a guy who sells aftermarket wheels and tires (who may or may not have any idea what hes talking about) and he said when they install em, they just fill em up to what the door jamb says unless they are some real special size.

chappy

Reaction score
Eaiest way to tell is start with the pressure high and make a chalk line across the tire width wise. Run around the block for a mile or so and come back and cheack your line to see where it wore it off. If its only wearing the centeroff then let air out and remark and try again till it wears the line completely off the same then you have good air pressure. Here is a link pretty much saying the same thing but with some pics http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/checking-tire-pressure-determine-correct-pressure/

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.