Cruise Control

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
The cruise control indicator light is intermittent. I have seen it illuminate twice in 6 weeks. Seems like it might be a loose connection, but I am wondering if anybody can tell me how to get to the back of the dash without tearing everything out. Mine is on the lower left next to the fuel gauge.

ScanGaugeII with FICM in X-gauge is awesome. IMO for $160 it should be a factory option, all set up and programmed.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
Taking the dash out isn't hard. Just pop the plastic around the dash unhook your light switch and cig lighter and its 4 bolts that hold the dash in.

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Thanks. I replaced the stock radio last Monday. Maybe I should have kept going, but I didn't even think of it. I am not 25 years old anymore. If I can find some direct replacement LEDs I might change out the whole dashboard. I already have HIDs on order for the fog lights. I think HIDs for the headlights might be a little too much for the SDPD. A 'fix it' ticket has no fine, but there is a $40 courtesy fee to have a police officer look at your fix. Every level of government is broke in this country, so they are looking for any souce of revenue they can get.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
As long as the "driving" lights (headlight) has no color tint its legal. If hid's were illegal damn near every Lexus BMW and acura would be getting pulled over after leaving the lot.

Fat fingered from the phone-Corey

cfdeng7

Reaction score
As long as the "driving" lights (headlight) has no color tint its legal. If hid's were illegal damn near every Lexus BMW and acura would be getting pulled over after leaving the lot.

Fat fingered from the phone-Corey

Hids are illegal in headlight housings not originally designed for them.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
My whole instrument cluster doesn't work or works when it wasnts to, iv had my dash out a few times tryn to figure out what's wrong with it.

Latest posts

Members online