Trans

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
Well the bad news is on it's way
The hot roodn and the drag racing has takin
It's toll on my tranny

I did a dead stop run 2-3 it shifted to neutral and went crazy hit the rev limmiter and I got off the accel. And it found 3rd

It was a crazy feeling.

Is this a solenoid issue or a trans failing?

I pulled my 3 horse slant 50miles trans temp never passed 180degrres

What do you guys think
I havnt smelt my trans fluid yet but I will after turkey day lunchn

AKHILF

Reaction score
mine did they same thing for a couple months at slight throttle it would slip to and free spin but anywhere around 3/4 throttle or above it would never do it. I ended up getting a new tranny. One day I parked the truck and it was ok then the next day it wouldnt really move. I got a new tranny about 6 months ago this one did it a couple times in the last couple weeks. I got a gogo seilonoid (sp) sitting in front of me waiting to be put it.

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
mine did the same thing. i ended up replacing the DD solenoid and it cleared it up. try that $120 part before dropping 5g's on a trans.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I thought the DD solenoid from GoGo only corrected 3-5 and 5-6 shifts? Its next on my list of mods as well. I've recently dropped the pan and drained as much fluid as possible then refilled. At the 1000 mile mark I plan on dropping the pan again, adding the GoGo DD solenoid, adding an 08+ pan and filter, replacing the external filter and refilling again.

Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I don't think it adds any capacity, its just configured differently to accommodate the larger in pan filter.

Mdub707

Reaction score
FWIW, the Mercon trans fluid smells burnt even new, so that probably wont tell you much.

Latest posts

Members online