Any Idea, What Happened??

Trav-O

Reaction score
Here is what happened:
I pulled out of a gas station, with about quarter to half a throttle. All of a sudden, the truck makes a pop and then a grind sound. I let off of it but didnt stop. When I let off, something sounds like something is scrapping. If I give it some throttle, it goes away. Then I slow down while holding the brake but maintaining throttle pressure, and it still does not make the sound. I parked it, and looked at the driveline, and everything is solid and in tact.

This is my 08 F350 6.4L Crewcab. I cant figure out, what happened. Low speeds (1-5) mph it doesnt make any noise.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Here is what happened:
I pulled out of a gas station, with about quarter to half a throttle. All of a sudden, the truck makes a pop and then a grind sound. I let off of it but didnt stop. When I let off, something sounds like something is scrapping. If I give it some throttle, it goes away. Then I slow down while holding the brake but maintaining throttle pressure, and it still does not make the sound. I parked it, and looked at the driveline, and everything is solid and in tact.

This is my 08 F350 6.4L Crewcab. I cant figure out, what happened. Low speeds (1-5) mph it doesnt make any noise.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you check your hubs?

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Idk man. Start draining stuff and looking. There is only a couple of quarts in the t case. See if there is any metal. Then try the diff. Good luck

bad12jr

Reaction score
Does it have a carrier bearing? My did something similar when the bracket come loose.

Layson

Reaction score
Is your vent tube still attached? Do you have a rear air locker?

Layson

Reaction score
Yeah no vent tube and sticking your boat in the water could be a bad thing. LOL I also have seen an air compressor pump water into the rear pumpkin before if you don't clean out the tank once in a while..

superstroked

Reaction score
I figure since the front hubs were replaced you are using this thing for offroading and such? I would do like others have said and check the vent hose along with axle seals, and bearings. But, if the rear end is Effed, you will need to do these things anyway. May be better off finding a junk yard rear end.

Layson

Reaction score
The air line to the locker isnt a sealed system? I have no clue how air lockers work...

Yes and no. If you don't drain water out of your air tank, it has to go somewhere. When the tank gets pretty full I have had it come through my air tools before. Enough comes out to freak you out a little bit... LOL. My air horns quit working and when I took them apart the diaphragms were rusted on the inside, so I think the moisture took them out. They still look fairly new on the outside... LOL

I would imagine that this is probably unlikely in this case, but you never know... figured I would throw it out there.. :jammin:

Trav-O

Reaction score
It was not a water issue. Carrier Bolt Broke and other sh*t got jacked up. I will get pics soon. The bolt is as big as my finger, so I am amazed that it broke.