painting my 08, need some opinions (pics)

charlie-2

Reaction score
so im gonna paint my truck and decided on sonic blue, monocolor the truck, 22 diamos and nitto 420s. its lowerd 2in in back and 1 in the front. but anyways anyone have a specific paint brand/ tecneque they use? i was thinking about using ppg deltron, ( gonna be about 1000+ in paint and clear:shocked:) but i want the pant to be good as this is my weekend/ show truck or is gonna be. any info comments or anything will help btw the bike in the pic is panted sonic blue :jammin:
454.jpg

448.jpg

453.jpg

451.jpg

447.jpg

455.jpg

charlie-2

Reaction score
any soot that comes out comes out way further than the wheel:thumbup: its the stock tip, i get asked the same question all the time it stays clean

charlie-2

Reaction score
:doh:yeah.... not sure how many times i heaard that haha. the story behind this is that the truck was wrecked, repo'd and not running. so i bought the truck from auction online for a steal. fixed the not running part, egr valve and dpf and n0.8 injector. it has a clean title, and musta been lightly wrecked. but anyways yes im doing a paint matched bumper and fx4 grille

Tonka350

Reaction score
if you're going to keep the truck spend the money in house of Kolor,....you'll thank yourself...trust me...mine's being painted with a house of kolor UFB04 Jet black with dupont blue pearl added into the paint.......it should look pretty killer when it comes out in 2.5 weeks :)

Chad

charlie-2

Reaction score
can you give me more info on the paint and how much money if you want to disclose that info, pm me or somthing! thanks!!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
HOK is the absolute best choice, but take your pocket book, but when you're talkin' about a show quality paint job, you really can't afford to skimp. I would love to spray mine with HOK clear/pearl, but my money is going under the hood.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I can't honestly tell you what it's costing in materials or labor....I'm doing some horse trading for some work with a body shop guy my wife met while I'm deployed...shes hooking it all up for me. it's not costing me anything to have my truck painted, body work done, anything...I'm going to be lifting his truck when I get home...so it's a pretty good deal. I only had a say in the paint color/brand it was either PPG, DuPont or HOK...gee which one do you think I chose? LOL

Chad

AKHILF

Reaction score
Are you having the paint sprayed or are you doing it? HOK is nice paint for sure. I used all euopean (sp) they have good paint and even better clear in my book. Very nice gloss and buffs out great. My trucks going to be in all the local shows this year and it should do pretty good.

charlie-2

Reaction score
my dad was a body man and painter for a long time, restored cars and show cars so hes gonna paint it. and is that the brand of paint that you listed? if so tell me more, im looking at expanding my brand choices and comparing prices and quality of each paint. im gonna do the same color scheme as your truck except for sonic on the bottom and dark blue on the top

2006nytro

Reaction score
dont cheep out on paint forsure you will regret it forever.. get good clear. clear it then spend about umm 30 hours 1200 grit sanding the hole truck try to get all the belmishes out and then buff the **** out of it and it will shine like a new penny..

AKHILF

Reaction score
I would think twice about using two blues. I just dont see them in my head looking right. But if you want to two tone it like mine and want to use sonic blue maybe do the black top like mine and sonic on the bottom. That would look good. And yes thats the brand I used. European. They have great products I also use there primer its very nice high build. They have pretty good pricing also. Even the autobody paint supply recommends them. Most of the body shops use it on the higher end cars. There clear buffs out really nice.

charlie-2

Reaction score
this is going to be my drag/weekend/show truck. i have a daily driver already. i defently dont want to skimp out on paint but i dont want to spend more than 2k on paint.

as for the color choice my dad thought of it, the sonic and dark since the dark is already the color of the truck but i was gonna do the whole thing sonic. i changed my mind and now want to do the two tone like yours. black and sonic might look good, i want to stick with sonic though in eather color combination

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.