Annoying parasitic draw

b00stleak

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm at a loss here. I got Glow Shift guages a while back and a painless performance tuner. Ever since I installed them I have been having a draw. I checked for draw on all the connections for the guages and found that the ignition wire draws half a volt all the time, so I moved that wire to another that won't take any. Batteries still go down with the negatives hooked up. I have pulled fuses while checking draw with a test light, checked the starter cable, traced through a ton of wiring underneath the dash. Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas where to look next? Common shorts?

Thanks
-Matt

EDIT: 2002 7.3

Rockyardjo

Reaction score
Disconnect your alternator and see if that cures it. Sometimes the diodes will short out in them. Happened to me a couple of years ago.

Joe

b00stleak

Reaction score
Disconnect your alternator and see if that cures it. Sometimes the diodes will short out in them. Happened to me a couple of years ago.

Joe

Hey thanks for the reply man. I tried that as well. I think I got it found. Loose wire in my alarm. Missed it the first 500 times I went through the dash.

-Matt

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
Sorry to steal your thread, but this seems like a good place to find out why my instrument cluster doesn't work. My gauges don't work. But the dummy lights seem to work. Any ideas?

b00stleak

Reaction score
Sorry to steal your thread, but this seems like a good place to find out why my instrument cluster doesn't work. My gauges don't work. But the dummy lights seem to work. Any ideas?

Blown fuse? Thats where I would look first. Then check the plug(s) behind the cluster. Did it just go out and never come back on or did it do it randomly then completely quit?

Members online

No members online now.