P2653 code

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
throwing that tonight. i read it on my DD and i realize its the low boost circuit code or something of that nature.. anyways it acts like the vanes are open, or sounds like. took it for a hard drive and it builds normal boost, egts in check, and backpressure is normal... threw a CEL once for the code. any idea why, and how i might go about fixing?

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
My guess is that your EBP sensor is on it's way out or your VGT actuator is going out. It could also be the MAP sensor, but that is less likely given that the exhaust note is changed.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I know with the DashDAQ, you can figure out which sensor is bad by monitoring MAP, EBP, and barometric pressure together with the key on and engine off. It's possible because the DashDAQ reads with barometric pressure added in. I don't think the H&S units do. If you know anyone with a DashDAQ, might want to give that a try. They all need to be relatively close. If one (MAP or EBP) is different from the others, that sensor is bad. If they all check out, it's more than likely something else.....like the VGT actuator.