Duramax tuner

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
we haven't messed with very many at the shop, and I've got a close buddy wanting to tune his early 07. of course efi comes first, which I would do if it was mine, but he doesnt have computer access or really the want to mess with a lot of stuff. I don't want something to happen that he can't remove, change, or whatever if I'm not around.

that being said-I was thinking the mini maxx, since it seems to be a great easy platform on the strokers, and cummins. is PPE easy to work? I'm kind of shying away from anything edge.. and don't know about the others. it just needs to be easy, good for the truck, and boost mpg's and towing.

I know a few have owned them prior to PSDs, some own them now, and you other guys with shops have dealt with em.

no trash talking please.. thanks.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I think I've ran most of what's out there and I'll be honest, I've been the happiest with plug and play tuning from Nick at DuramaxTuner.com. Great guy and he really knows his stuff. He can write you just about whatever you want. Shift on the fly capable with EFI live's chip or Loading a tube into a PCM for you.

That being said, EFI live is my favorite. Unfortunately, this setup is not for everybody because it takes a little understanding and time to get going on something decent.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I think I've ran most of what's out there and I'll be honest, I've been the happiest with plug and play tuning from Nick at DuramaxTuner.com. Great guy and he really knows his stuff. He can write you just about whatever you want. Shift on the fly capable with EFI live's chip or Loading a tube into a PCM for you.

That being said, EFI live is my favorite. Unfortunately, this setup is not for everybody because it takes a little understanding and time to get going on something decent.

i agree with everything you said. i would do it if i was mine... but its his first diesel and he doesnt even want to understand the tuning stuf....

Jhaddox

Reaction score

:whs:...EFI with a DSP-5 Just buy tunes from one of the guys that make them and call it a day, comparable to buying tunes from KEM or Innovative for us

Dustball8504

Reaction score
:whs:...EFI with a DSP-5 Just buy tunes from one of the guys that make them and call it a day, comparable to buying tunes from KEM or Innovative for us

:whs: My coworker has EFI with the DSP-5 tuned by Dustan Mintern at Diesel Addiction and loves his tunes. Give that a try and don't look back.

ZacPSD60

Reaction score
kinda why i was shying away from them too and going H&S... he'll love shift on the fly

H&S doesn't yet make a tuner for the Dmax earlier than 07.5

We've had the best luck with the PPE tuners on them, that is if he truly doesn't want to go EFI live (which we highly recommend)

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i understand that.. i knew that about EFI.. but im saying if he needed to change to different tunes, or take it off for warranty, or anything of that sort.. he has to drive back to our shop... he lives an hour and a half out in no where..

tylerdillard

Reaction score
I ran ppe hot +2 on my 08 before I went to EFI and it's really simple. It takes about 3-5 minutes to load a tune on a LMM. If u go EFI I really like adrenaline truck performance(Rob Coddins) tunes or Danville Performance

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
The quadzilla tuner is plug and play and looks to be idot proof. Small increase in power and small price. I have 2 friends that run them and love them.

yeehaw

Reaction score
within our group of friends anyone running a duramax has had Nick from duramaxtuner.com tune it, and really aren't all that hard to install/uninstall if need be

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
duramaxtuner tunes suck...a few locals guys have them and not impressed...

Only tuner I'd go with is Tony Martino Ridgerunner diesel with some moonshine :blitzed:, he tunes my brothers truck...

Dustin @ diesel addiction is good too or Idaho Rob... other than that :poke:

the ppe programmer is the only off the shelf thing i'd reccommend to anyone thats not looking to go crazy...

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
duramaxtuner tunes suck...a few locals guys have them and not impressed...

You ever ran his stuff in your own truck? What about it made you not like it?

Nick is a very respected tuner and is hands down one of the best in the industry. He tunes alot of the top trucks in the country. Hopefully you can validate your statement with info other then "he sucks cause I heard from so and so"

da94broncodude

Reaction score
i have a personal friend of mine that does efi live tuning, call or email him and tell him joey sent you.. Zach @ starlitediesel.com

Latest posts

Members online