Truck Not Starting Please Help Guys!!!!

windrunner408

Reaction score
So I went out to start my truck this morning so I could go to work and it wouldnt start. It would just crank and crank but no start. It spins over very fast and just like it should.

There are no codes that my CTS could pull. I have 60psi of fuel pressure, over 600psi of ICP while cranking, and 48.5-49.0v of FICM voltage. My question is where do you guys think I should look?? The truck has been driving and running great. No injector sticking or missing. I am thinking it is something electrical and wondering where I should start looking. I dont have any diagnostic equipment other than my CTS, SCT, and a volt meter.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I am inclined to think that it was either the cam shaft position sensor or crank shaft position sensor but am not a certified mechanic and am therefore not sure.

windrunner408

Reaction score
So get this the truck started when I tried it this afternoon. I didnt do anything to it. I wish I would have paid attention to what the tachometer was doing while I was cranking it earlier but I didnt even think to look. That would have atleast narrowed it down to either the crank or cam shaft sensor. I am pretty sure it is an electrical issue.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
You weren't building enough ICP, I'd start with the FICM, ICP sensor, or IPR Valve. Possibly just the FICM not syncing.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Well I went out on three separate attempts after I posted this and noticed ICP as high as high 960psi.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
You weren't building enough ICP, I'd start with the FICM, ICP sensor, or IPR Valve. Possibly just the FICM not syncing.

i didn't think you could check ICP with a scanner on a truck that's tuned. if you were reading 600....it could have been 50 for that matter. i tried to read my ICP at WOT and only got 1600 psi. when i put it back to stock, it read 4000 psi. i called innovative and that's what they told me. put it to stock then see what it says. hpop sounds suspect.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
i would say camshaft or crankshaft sensor but usually they show up on as a code. ive had one not start because of ficm voltage. there are three different voltage readings. one should be 48 and the other two 11 to 14 or so lol. i had 48 volts on the cts but for some reason i had a blown fuse and it lost one of the other ficm voltage readings. hopefully you figure it out. i hate when random stuff happens.