Towing review w/ Spartan, Innovative, Hellwig products

Klutch

Reaction score
Installed a rear Hellwig sway bar and their LP-25 rear helper spring kit. My truck is a 2011 F250 with Icon 4.5" lift with no factory sway bar or overloads. I tow a tag behind triple axle, 24' trailer. The trailer has to be around 6-7000lbs. and my heavier skid steers are around 11,000lbs. I've towed this setup regularly in stock form other than lift, and was impressed. But, after doing this for 15,000 miles my stock springs have sagged quite a bit. This has produced axle wrap and soft springs. The Hellwig springs let me set ride height and allow to tension the springs to you're liking. I set my ride height back to what it was before and all is well. Rides like it did before and handles the trailer a lot better. The truck seems more in control than it ever did. Also I am running the Spartan Warhammer stacked with the Innovative Torq2 box set at half and couldn't be happier with power and shifting. I also beleive the tow/haul is more aggressive with the Spartan tune over stock. Better as in slowing/gearing down.

Just thought I'd share.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Glad to hear that they are working well together. I am leaning towards Spartan though I am waiting to see what Eric has coming. It sounds like the Torq2 is a nice add on unit.

Chris

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
I plan on snagging some Hellwig sway bars for my rig as well. I stared at them all weekend and PRI and they look pretty sweet for the Super Duty.