Exhaust Fitment

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I am starting to figure out what I want to do for Tuning and Exhaust and have come up with a few Exhaust questions. I have an Extended Cab Short Box and I am seeing several exhaust manufactures state that their Down Pipe back full exhausts will not fit. I cannot see what difference it would make as the emissions section is the same on all trucks. Is there a difference in the Tail Pipes between the different Cab and Bed configurations? I am kinda thinking about the 5" MBRP or Flo Pro, but want to make sure there won't be any issues.

Chris

broncof250444

Reaction score
I have installed a bunch of MBRP exhaust 4 and 5" with/without the dpf delete and havent had a problem yet with fitment. I have a 5" on my 2012, with yours being a short bed extended cab you will just have to cut the one pipe down for length but thats easy and MBRP shows how to do it.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Thank! I ran MBRP on my regular cab 6.0L and it was great. I just wanted to make sure as I was seeing it stated that regular cab and extended cab short box will not work. I really liked the MBRP on my 6.0L and will likely use it on this truck.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I also recommend for warranty reasons do your self a favor and do a 4" dpf delete and a 5" dpf back exhaust system that way if you have a warranty issue you take just the dpf delete pipe out and out the dpf back in and leave the dpf back exhaust in as well this way your only changing out 1 section of pipe of a warranty issue came up and not the whole exhaust system