WTF is this noise??

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
This noise mainly happens when it is windy. I have taken it to ford and they had no idea what it was. They kept trying to say it was egr, but I doubt it is egr because it doesnt do it all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
th_VIDEO0003.jpg

Cody

Reaction score
Sounds almost like air coming in, especially with you saying only when its windy..

At work we have a brand new KW and it howls like that, end up it was the whole in the mirror where the whip bracket was supposed to go

superstroked

Reaction score
Mine will do the same thing...talked to the dealer I use and was told that it is the windshield seal. It doesn't do it all the time so I never think about it until it does it.you may be able to duplicate it with compressed air around the window to locate the leak

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Sounds almost like air coming in, especially with you saying only when its windy..

At work we have a brand new KW and it howls like that, end up it was the whole in the mirror where the whip bracket was supposed to go

this could be a possibility, last time I was washing it i noticed one of the seals on the wiper cowl looked messed up. I wouldnt think it would cause air to get into the cab though. Ill have to look into it a little more.
Mine will do the same thing...talked to the dealer I use and was told that it is the windshield seal. It doesn't do it all the time so I never think about it until it does it.you may be able to duplicate it with compressed air around the window to locate the leak
I might have to try a different dealer and see if they can check this being its still under the 3 year 36k warranty it should be covered. Thanks for the input guys

Spatel23

Reaction score
Ive got some annoying quirks but that my friend is the worst Ive ever heard.

I really hope you can get it figured out.

rlpzzz

Reaction score
It's most likely you windshield seal, mine did the same thing. Try adding some sealant on the drivers side pillar or have a windshield company remove the glass and reseal it.

superstroked

Reaction score
Ive got some annoying quirks but that my friend is the worst Ive ever heard.

I really hope you can get it figured out.

I have never had it happen this loud either but, I did have it happen most of a 250 mile trip once though...Very annoying!

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Got the truck back from the dealer tonght. They resealed the windshield I took it for a little drive and no noise. Hopefully that Fixd it, thanks for all the input guys

Jason

Reaction score
Wow yeah that's annoying as ***. My wifes escape has a howl (not that bad) that's a windshield seal. I'm not gonna get it fixed, it does it only when it's super windy, and my take on it is this....if she's super tired, that howl will keep her from falling asleep at the wheel. She may meet me at the door with my sawed off in her hands...but atleast she will be alive to do it...

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
I really hope this fixed the issue. I'm not so much concerned on the staying awake part though. Ive got an assortment of music on the MP3 player for that cause. LOL. This video was the worst it has ever been. But when I was coming home from lubbock tx, last April it did it probly 80% of the trip, an insurance claim was definitely going through my head.LOL

Latest posts

Members online