TONKA350's build thread PIC HEAVY!!!

Tonka350

Reaction score
this is the build thread of my truck ( from beginning to now, a 3 year stretch )....a few friends of mine wanted me to do a build thread, you're welcome here it is....I had to redo ALL of it......YOU'RE WELCOME DOUG AND PAUL!!! LOL.

we'll start with the beginning....when gas was 4.xx a gallon I was driving a 99 f250 extended cab longbed on 44's and money was tight since I was only an E3 in the airforce with an upcoming family....my friend was looking for a new truck and we went to the dealership to look at an 04 crew cab longbed 4x4 xlt f250. the dealership told us about his gorgeous red 2000 f350 crew cab with a 4" skyjacker, 305/xx/16 tires and 16x12 eagle 058 wheels, 4" exhaust, air helper springs, gooseneck hitch and custom stereo system.
well my wife and I talked it over and I was signing papers on a 2000 f350, but before signing papers they wanted to give me only 4000 dollars trade in on my 99 f250, so I kept my lift, wheels and tires ( at the time the truck was on 11" of lift and 38x15.50x16.5 pj's and 16.5x12 weld stonecrushers ), I also kept my front bumper, billet ac knobs and a few other goodies...and the deal was done. I had a new addiction............diesel engines.

here's how it looked when I brought it home.
newtome1.jpg

newtome2.jpg

about a month later I was welcoming another new addition on 16 january 2009, my beautiful baby girl...and another new addition which we happened to fall upon...a set of 24x12 rockstars on 37x13.50x24 toyo open country MT's....I found them on craigslist the night we brought my daughter home and I traded 900 dollars cash and my 38's for them...my wife( she's a diesel supporter enthusiast as well )...rode down to Virginia Beach with me to pick them up and we were there until 10 pm swapping wheels and tires

here's how it looked than.

screstarea.jpg

beer1.jpg

us.jpg

a few months later I was due for a change....we went home to Michigan and I found a new company...CERTIFIT. I picked up a grille, headlights, and headerpanel for a 2005 for 236 dollars...and the swap began after I got back to Va and found a bumper.
TRUCK1.jpg

newoctober130801.jpg

and this is how I left it for a 6 month deployment to Kuwait....while there my wife decided she wanted to help me do some things to it.....17" flipdown monitor, rear 40/20/40 seat conversion and 5" turbo back exhaust with 8" tip, 08 mirrors, new grille
outwiththeold-1.jpg

outwiththeold.jpg

monitor.jpg

monitor2.jpg

interior4.jpg

interior3.jpg

moreprogress.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

haha.jpg

holycrap.jpg

right before my truck made a 1000 mile road trip from Melbourne Florida ( where my wife was staying while I was deployed she bought me a new hood )

hood.jpg

Last edited:

Tonka350

Reaction score
after she made the trip home to Michigan with hood in bed and a few other goodies installed....she took it to paint to have the door handles paint matched, rollpan installed, hood installed, new tailgate painted ( I traded my stock rear bumper and 150 bucks for an 08 tailgate ), and the front bumper smoothed and painted....1100 dollars later this beauty rolled out on December 30th.

79B6.jpg

7D55.jpg

7703.jpg

789B.jpg

3 days later was a setback....a friend of mine was supposed to be driving the truck from Michigan to Virginia for my wife ( she had to leave early to sign papers on our new house )...instead of driving it to Virginia he drove it to the bar....

wrecked4.jpg

wrecked7.jpg

wrecked6.jpg

wrecked2.jpg

wrecked3.jpg

wrecked.jpg

vcassens

Reaction score
Certafit is a great place and please tell me he went to jail for a dui and still got an ars whoopin also thank you for your service

Layson

Reaction score
Just be patient... he is not done with the thread yet... That was like last year... LOL

Tonka350

Reaction score
after I saw this I had the truck shipped on a flatbed pulled by an f650 and a 53' beavertail. this is how I received it :)

FAMILYPICS09865.jpg

FAMILYPICS09857-1.jpg

a few months later ( May 2010 ) my buddy who owned an offroad shop and I were talking and we decided we needed a new shop project....since his truck is custom painted we used mine........and we were off I had all my new front end on Craigslist for sale....and we were off again....on a search for all the 2008 front end parts. after a saturday of 14 hours of work here's where we ended :)

GEDC1647.jpg

GEDC1645.jpg

GEDC1650.jpg

GEDC1634.jpg

GEDC1636.jpg

a few days later I found a painter.....

44828_464363685438_507655438_6459272_7475226_n.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

untitled-1-1.jpg

untitled-1-1-1.jpg

a few months later I decided to try to change it up....I traded my 24x12 rockstars and 37's for some 22x14 xd diesels and 40" mud grapplers.........( these are horrible pictures from a cell phone )
May31_002.jpg

May31_003.jpg

May31_004.jpg

a few months later in December my injectors went out ( December 2010 ) so I pulled the hood and replaced all the following parts:

injectors-rosewood stage 1's
glowplugs
stancor relay
6637 DIY intake
edge CS programmer with PHP tunes ( 80, 120 race, 140 extreme )

and since I pulled the hood and grille to make life easier while replacing everything I figured what better time to replace them both........I was bored with stock anyway...
1314116978943.jpg

crystalstruck.jpg

1314117030054.jpg

and after that it's hood was painted ( pretty poorly I might add ) and we bought my wife a new car :)

car-2007 dodge magnum, 5.7 hemi, shorty headers, full exhaust, no cats, no mufflers, resonating tips, x pipe, carbon fiber ram air hood, diablo sport tuner, 2-10" audiobahn subs, 7" double din

2011-08-07_15_15_22.jpg

2011-08-07_15_15_222.jpg

1311348274117.jpg

Last edited:

Tonka350

Reaction score
and this is how I leave you hanging until Christmas ( you're being hung as well as I )....my wife is holding the rest of the pictures AND MY TRUCK hostage until Christmas day...

the current in progress plans as of today are:

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

021-1-1.jpg

truck_3.jpg

TRUCK_5.jpg

HOK jet black paint with blue pearl clear
2% window tint
complete interior swapped to black leather
3 headrests being added to the rear seat
5-7" headrest monitors
false floor added to house my 2500 watt audiobahn amp
new sub box with better dimensions for the 2-12" audiobahn subs
25" flipdown monitor
brushed aluminum interior trim ( all woodgrain being switched to brushed aluminum look )
titanium and black leather steering wheel
7" PMF hanger/shackle kit
8" PMF Blocks and Ubolts
PMF crossover steering
PMF sway bar links
PMF transfer case clocking ring
PMF transfer case crossmember
40x14.50x24 super swamper m16 tires
king 2.5 rezi prerunner shocks
12" extended brake lines
single rear driveshaft
new traction bars for the rear
converting the 5" single to 5" dual with 7" tips
fiberglassing custom pillar pod for my garmin and EDGE cs

also thinking about getting a paintable front bumper and grille to match the new winter wheels and tires 20x10( not sure what brand ) chrome wheels( going to plastidip them in black and 40x14.50x20 ss m16's....only for winter. I don't want to deal with chrome at all during the winter.

Last edited:

Wright337

Reaction score
You have a great wife that must love you or the truck (cant decide which one) to do all that for you. Congrats and Im sure its going to look killer once its done.

Tonka350

Reaction score
she's a pretty avid supporter wright....it should be done by the time we go to Georgia on vacation so you'll see it in person.

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
Certafit is a great place and please tell me he went to jail for a dui and still got an ars whoopin also thank you for your service

yes he got a DUI and spent the night in jail, he also paid for all the things the insurance company wouldn't...and lawyer fees...and no he didn't get his ass kicked, he just lost a friend of 9 years over his stupidity

Just be patient... he is not done with the thread yet... That was like last year... LOL

LOL thanks Steve, yeah you've been through all the progress....this guys truck was my inspiration for building mine into what it is....

Chad

sparksf250

Reaction score
MAn that truck looks great and you have a great wife for doing all of that for you!! Thanks for your service as well!

Tonka350

Reaction score
thanks guys, yeah she's pretty awesome but I paid for all her hard work LOL that magnum cost me 15 grand! LOL that's her car, I'm barely allowed to drive it LOL.

and you're welcome for the service, it's a pretty good gig, but my time's almost up....I'm on the last 2 weeks of my last deployment in the air force...don't think I'm gonna re enlist.

Chad

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
You better stop by Lima on your way to Michigan Chad! And next year when the trucks done we will have to get some pictures of the 2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Tonka350

Reaction score
I definitely will Konnor....if I drive the truck....it might be in the garage away from the snow at the time frame we'll be coming home.......I'm thinkin about waiting until like June/July to come home so we can drive the truck and I don't have to worry about it in snow.

Chad

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
After seeing the rear veiw of your truck i really want a roll pan and to paint my tail gate handle to match! What kind of roll pan is that?

Tonka350

Reaction score
sir michaels rollpan. I'd actually suggest NOT getting a urethane pan...it's a PITA if it's not perfectly supported/mounted it'll flop like a fish outta water.

Chad

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I definitely will Konnor....if I drive the truck....it might be in the garage away from the snow at the time frame we'll be coming home.......I'm thinkin about waiting until like June/July to come home so we can drive the truck and I don't have to worry about it in snow.

Chad

id just wait until that time frame. hell come up end of may and go to jamboree!

Tonka350

Reaction score
true get me all the info, I want to hit up some shows and what better thing to go to! get me the info, I'll see what I can't do....that is air show time and all ( no one gets leave during air show )....but if I put in for it now I might be able to get it.

Chad