decision time

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
nothing really serious, but i need opinions. LOL
im pulling my fuels off for winter, and i picked up a set of 08 factory 20's and mounting my toyos on them. shouldddd i leave them chrome? or plastidip them.

picture of the truck:
78da2f0e.jpg

Last edited:

windrunner408

Reaction score
I guess to each their own but IMO it looks like a$$. Nevertheless, I wouldnt think chrome ones would look any better and I understand swapping them out for winter. Any way to get some cheap black steel wheels??

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I guess to each their own but IMO it looks like a$$. Nevertheless, I wouldnt think chrome ones would look any better and I understand swapping them out for winter. Any way to get some cheap black steel wheels??

i dont know how you think a steel wheel would look better than the stocker 20's.... but thats your opinion. my fuels stick 2-3" outside the wheel well and i cant kill my paint.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I would say that stockers are probably a cost effective solution and will do the job for the season.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I leave my fuels on all winter iv had two different set. If your worrying about the finish on our wheels, I wouldnt. I didnt have one flaw after last winter. A cool thing i also noticed about our fuel wheels is all the bolts in the rim come off easy!! the ones around the lip are torx and unthread and at least on my hostages the big fake bolts inside the rim just clip in they pop right out. I'm going to get them powder coated something different next summer. And I like the stockers black on the red trucks like yours.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I leave my fuels on all winter iv had two different set. If your worrying about the finish on our wheels, I wouldnt. I didnt have one flaw after last winter. A cool thing i also noticed about our fuel wheels is all the bolts in the rim come off easy!! the ones around the lip are torx and unthread and at least on my hostages the big fake bolts inside the rim just clip in they pop right out. I'm going to get them powder coated something different next summer. And I like the stockers black on the red trucks like yours.

im not worried about the finish, i try and keep the truck clean. but im worried about my paint. my 10 wides and offset throw a lot of stuff up the side of my truck. they stick out almost 3" i wanna go as long as i can keeping factory paint very nice.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.