7.3L ProCharger/SuperCharger/Turbo Charger Compound Setups

389sixpack

Reaction score
7.3L ProCharger/SuperCharger/Turbo Charger Compound Setups

Show us what have. Performance info? Track times? Dyno info?

Discuss.

Last edited:

Short Bus

Reaction score
I have an old computer that i took the cooling fan out of and wired it up so that it blows into my stock charger, man talk about boost!

66/95 twins

52psi boost/ ~40-42psi back pressure

16.7 mpg @ 60-65 is the best ive seen overall
13.7mpg @ 75 all hwy
12-13mpg mixed hwy city

it has a pretty conservative "big" tune right now but i'd estimate 625-650 rwhp as it sits. If i can ever meet up with the tuner at the track i think we have another 100-150hp to work with, maybe more. I do have some more tunes that have shift points and timing adjustments to help drop the smoke level and bump fuel mileage up some BUT i have computer/ burner issues. Over all it drives pretty good other than getting on the hwy you can cause problems if your not careful(speed and smoke :D).

Short Bus

Reaction score
yeah i need to get a video or two. If i could find a camera that would pick up the whistle of the big charger when it comes online you guys would walk around with wood for the rest of the day.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Twins and 300/ 200's here. No real hard data to back up the setup....but it is fun as hell to drive.

thuglike

Reaction score
GT42 fed by a Nexus hair dryer. I need to find a way to mount the nexus, the wife is tired of holding it at highway speeds. Plus the ductape pipe I fabbed up isn't the greatest. :rolleyes:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Come to the races in june and I'll put my droid and dash holder in your truck. Then you could record the run and get some sound!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Twins and 300/ 200's here. No real hard data to back up the setup....but it is fun as hell to drive.

Thats a nice setup you have there Dave. Glad i got to ride in it while in ALaska last fall.

Id like to see some numbers of some of these pro chargers. Even tho i may never get one(because of funds), it would still be nice to see what they can do number wise, because there isnt anyone close enough to our area up here to take a ride in one.

ford_trck

Reaction score
I have an airdog 2 reg return, generic TS tunes, 180/30 injectors, and a Dominator 66 with a late model compressor housing.
It was dynoed with guys who had never dynoed a diesel before on a no load dyno and they also didn't have a mag pickup for an RPM reading.

It made 339HP with less than 10 LBS of boost.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Ken, you need to check out Dustin's thread on PSN.....everyone's suspicions were proved.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats a nice setup you have there Dave. Glad i got to ride in it while in ALaska last fall.

Id like to see some numbers of some of these pro chargers. Even tho i may never get one(because of funds), it would still be nice to see what they can do number wise, because there isnt anyone close enough to our area up here to take a ride in one.

Tyler is right down here in Oregon... Less then a state away.

JDub

Reaction score
Wide Open Performance Towing Twins, capable of 700+ on fuel and still very responsive on the street. Uses our QSSB turbocharger as the high pressure turbo and a custom Bell Turbo HPSB for the low pressure turbo. Got it all in there with the factory A/C as well. Same turbo setup that Mike O runs on his red race truck.

twin1.jpg

twin2.jpg

V-Ref

Reaction score
EGT's are great, with the turbos staged properly, cooling between stages can be very efficient. No water on the truck in the pics.

Do you need the truck to build the kit, or is this something you have pre-fabbed, or have a mock up/builder truck at WOP for? Both turbos are gated? Does the atmosphere oil return feed to the oil pan or ???