Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association Christmas Toy Drive

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Alright, we're getting the toy drive going. What charity do you guys like? There are a lot that really need all the help they can get. I'd be more than happy to make the rounds and pick up the toys and deliver them to whatever charity we choose. If you're not close and wanna help out, PM me and I'll give you my or another member thats close, address to send the toys in. Anyone who would like to come along on the delivery run would be welcome as well, lets just try and give a few children the chance to have a wonderful Christmas morning. I plan on posting pics of the toys we get and more pics of us taking them in.

Remember the parents who spend days, nights and weekends with their kids in these hospitals, really appreciate gift cards to restaurants (hospital food gets old after a while and these folks have to eat a LOT of it). Fast food cards work great, they can grab a bite on the way to the hospitals and you get more meals for the money. The parents also got good use out of fuel cards, think how much it costs to drive from work into the city then back home everyday. Itunes, Best Buy and Target gift cards for the older kids work wonderfully as well.

One of my wifes very good friends had a very young child with cancer and they struggled through all the treatments and spent countless days by their child's side. Sadly in the end it wasn't enough. Even though they experienced an unimaginable loss, they were so thankful for the help offered by people they had never met.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think about the charity. I've started a list and will edit it as suggestions come in. BTW, shamelessly begging co-workers, neighbors and friends for donations is cool too. Remember, every little bit helps and since this is getting started so late we'll have to move quick.:thumbsup:

1)Aflac cancer unit at Scottish Rite/Children's Health Care of Atlanta

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.