whats a clean way of tapping onto the batteries?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
im looking for a better way to tap onto the battery for things, the mess of wires on the end of the bolts looks like crap. is there a better way or some sort of adapter to do it nice and neat out there? thanks guys

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I'm not sure where your running the wires but I ran one 6 or 8 gauge wire off my battery through a relay that is triggered by a key on hot, then to a distribution block. That way all my accessories can be wired from the fused distribution block I put under my dash, without running a wire to the battery and an individual keyed hot relay for each wire.

Here are some pictures, hope this helps.

Drivers side inner fender, keyed hot relay.
52.jpg

Through the firewall
53.jpg

54.jpg

And the fused terminal block, mounted right next to my GEM module.
55.jpg

DMAX

Reaction score
It depends on how much power you need. If its for an accessory that wont draw alot like gauges. I always like the Add-a-fuse. I think they clean up pretty good

Pstroke96

Reaction score
oh okay how big of a relay should i get? im only running a few auxillary lights and my amp, which isnt big and gauges right now but i want some room to add on to it

GreenMachine

Reaction score
I did the same thing trailer hauler did. I ran i forget what gauge wire from the battery to a circuit breaker, then from the breaker into an auxillary fuse block under my dash.

My sat. radio, my plow controller, any aux items i add all go there, rather then hacking up my factory fuse block, or running wires out to the battery nonstop.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Greasy fingers where could I get something like that? I like the covered one so I could mount it in the engine bay instead of under the dash because there isn't a whole lot of extra room under there

QtrHorse

Reaction score
If you are going to use that type of relay, make sure it is a continuous duty relay and not an intermittent relay.

Members online

No members online now.