water seperator

Heavyhaul422

Reaction score
Tried to search the forum and keep getting a google search. Changed oil and fuel filters. Decided to clean the water seperator because I got globs out of it. I put everything back together and no leaks till I took it for a ride. A mile down the road I stomped it down and it fell on it's face. Tried to start it twice and got the little wrench on the display. Saw fuel leaking from seperator. Towed the truck home, got a gasket kit, pulled whole unit, cleaned and reassembled it. Now fuel pump runs, I hear air bubbling in fuel tank, intermittently, and no start. Removed upper filter and fuel is pumping to it. Could I have lost something out ot the seperator? Any help?

DWhite

Reaction score
I bet you just lost prime and sent air into the fuel rails and it is a pita to bleed the air out
of the system. If you need help and advice bleeding it give me a shout. I spent all day trying to bleed mine.

TjMiller

Reaction score
This fuel system has a ritual to get air out of the system after filter changes. IIRC you are to cycle the key to the on position until you hear the pump stop running (30 seconds). 10 times in a row. Unless there is a lot of air it may take more. This happened to me last time I think it took 2 rituals (20) I read some people bleeding from the schrader valve on the fuel cooler but the key thing worked for me.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
glad you got it fixed.
Just a side note.
What about the fuel prime button, never heard anyone mention it. When would you use the button located on passage side dash behind the cover when door is open?

Latest posts

Members online