Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > Excursions

Old 07-18-2016, 10:16 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Default Spring Adjustment-lift kit

I'm posting for others struggling with their rough ride that after pulling a leaf out of my front Spring pack it rides a ton better.
These were 4" lift pro comp Springs. It had a small amount of flex. I could run with my shocks off and it didn't matter.

One area of concern is these springs are about 6 months old and look how warped they are.

I would return them but it kicked my butt putting them on. After I got them all back together minus this spring it's seems great. I was about an inch high in the front and I wanted my rake back. This brought the front back down just enough.
Before

After + 20" wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2016, 10:30 PM
General
Member's Gallery

That spring pack is in terrible shape.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
That spring pack is in terrible shape.

I know right. These 7.3's must be brutal on springs.

These were the old vs new when I got them.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordo380 View Post
I know right. These 7.3's must be brutal on springs.

These were the old vs new when I got them.

Those Springs don't look right, even new.
2002 with a couple of mods, grocerygetter
Old 11-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Personally I think I would have just used some X code for snow plow 250/350s for stock Ex springs that are likely sitting on the bump stops if they are there or lower they will add 3+ inchs. WHerer they should be they add a little more than half that.

The issue with the X is they wanted it to fit in all newer garages but they still wanted it to keep the 250 rating. Thus the front got really soft cheap springs and the rear got uch stiff but dearched springs to lower the hieght.

What you end up with is a rear will little flex and very stiff and front that is super mushy right till it ends up sitting on the bump stops 6 months after new.

Nicest leaf spring setup I have seen were V-r X codes up front and 08-10 rear leafs with 2 modded leafs added from the original pack .

But the orignal issue is not the 7.3 being a big heavy beast. Its no more than the other diesel offerings from other manf. Its the total POS quality of Mexican produced steel combined with the compromises they chose to loose 1-2 inchs in over all roof hieght for the soccer mommies.
01' Excursion (forged): ********'s tuning, GTX4294r-1.15t4, Nate's Stage 5 Firehoses 465cc/200%, Stealth's SP1, ARP Studs, 910's (shimmed), DI Pushrods (SAE 4130 CM), Full Custom Fuel System, aFe-Big Boost, DE 4" Exhaust, BTS Trans, 99'-04' V code front/08'F code rear spring swap, PMF 4"Hanger-Shackle kit/5"Rear Blocks, Custom Valved Blistien's, Rear Sway bar, Bushwhackers Cut-out Flares, Fuel Hostage 20"x12" Black Wheels, Interco M16 40"x14.50"x20" Tires