What have you done to your powerstroke today?

greyford1979

Reaction score
Thinking how badly it needs a bath and driving it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yep, mine needs one badly as well.

Blew mine up running 80mph in -5 degree weather going to the bank to cash a 60 hour work week check.

Cracked a nozzle filled a half mile of highway with dark grey soot and then towed the beotch home.

Damn that sucks to hear man, hopefully not too much carnage. Especially after just getting it back together not long ago.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive put a ton of miles on it in the last six months.

Im rethinking 200% nozzles. Second time one cracked. If it is indeed cracked.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its parked. Semi-indefinitely. Im kinda losing interest. I got a really good, high-paying job last month and im ready to run older cars for work daily drivers and buy an f150 ecoboost for truck duties and weekending.

Ill build a motor but probably just to tear azz not be a well-rounded useful piece. When ford wont sell you a reliable part anymore the platform is on its deathbed. All the elrctrical issues ive been chasing are the damn brand new fuseblock under the dash. Its so chintzy it flexes as you tighten the bolts and stuff stops working. In real cold weather its unstable enough my blinkers/hazards, dashlights, and abs light on the dash go in and out and then when the heater heat soaks everything it functions as it should. You can push in the center of the block and make the dash lights go on and off...on and off.

I told the parts guy. His reply was telling "that sucks".

cbf9703

Reaction score
Its parked. Semi-indefinitely. Im kinda losing interest. I got a really good, high-paying job last month and im ready to run older cars for work daily drivers and buy an f150 ecoboost for truck duties and weekending.

Ill build a motor but probably just to tear azz not be a well-rounded useful piece. When ford wont sell you a reliable part anymore the platform is on its deathbed. All the elrctrical issues ive been chasing are the damn brand new fuseblock under the dash. Its so chintzy it flexes as you tighten the bolts and stuff stops working. In real cold weather its unstable enough my blinkers/hazards, dashlights, and abs light on the dash go in and out and then when the heater heat soaks everything it functions as it should. You can push in the center of the block and make the dash lights go on and off...on and off.

I told the parts guy. His reply was telling "that sucks".
That does suck. 😂

Hate to hear it, but congrats on the job! Hope the family is doing well too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id like to get a new superduty with a diesel but i ordered one and decided i didn't want it before i even had a delivery date. The dealer said they'd take it if i didnt want it. My BIL ended up buying it and i got my cash back.

I just don't need a diesel. The trailer i had and sold will pull just as easy with a half ton. Heck, i dont even have it now. I don't really even need a truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It wont be next time! Thats why im peeved! :D
dam dude.. that fuggin sucks.. what pushrods are in it? or have you tore it apart already? if you have good push rods, you may have broke a rocker arm.. unless the oil smells like fuel..

I broke a rocker in whitey and it did that exact thing..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

ToMang07

Reaction score
Fuggin broke it. Left work last night on sub zero temps, made it about 7 miles and something blew in the HPO system, oil everywhere under the hood. Haven't touched it yet since it's going to be about impossible to clean and the high today is barely in double digits.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
Winter is just so hard on vehicles and more so on these old oil driven dinosaurs. I just had to tow my buddies 6.0 excursion back to his house with a chain because of low voltage issues. Batteries were measuring 11.6v when I got to him. I'm thinking dead alternator, but not 100% sure. This is after he just replaced all the injectors and it was running sweet. He was some kind of pissed.

Just hang in there Ty. I would be pretty sad if you severed ties with the 7.3 as I really enjoy your insight. Plus, I really want to see you build a compounded 7.3. :)

I'm beginning to think that a 350hp (to the wheels) reliable tow machine is all that I want. I've got the Chevelle on standby to satisfy my lead foot when I finally get to it.

Btw, congrats on the new higher paying job Ty! One these days I hope to be pulling in a salary above the poverty level. Lol!

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
Winter is just so hard on vehicles and more so on these old oil driven dinosaurs. I just had to tow my buddies 6.0 excursion back to his house with a chain because of low voltage issues. Batteries were measuring 11.6v when I got to him. I'm thinking dead alternator, but not 100% sure. This is after he just replaced all the injectors and it was running sweet. He was some kind of pissed.

Just hang in there Ty. I would be pretty sad if you severed ties with the 7.3 as I really enjoy your insight. Plus, I really want to see you build a compounded 7.3. :)

I'm beginning to think that a 350hp (to the wheels) reliable tow machine is all that I want. I've got the Chevelle on standby to satisfy my lead foot when I finally get to it.
I'm right there with you, my next truck will be basically tow duty, ( my old trucks have been that or less lol)

dcswetman

Reaction score
D4F2B4D1-AC39-4439-913A-CB055E32402E_zps5p0nvcds.jpg

Washed her today.

dcswetman

Reaction score
They tell me wall art is not limited to the inside of a house lmao. The ceiling fans just help with this Georgia heat in the summer time a little

Latest posts

Members online