What have you done to your powerstroke today?

gotchadollar

Reaction score
I didn’t do the paint or anything, I disassembled everything and took it to the paint shop, he was 5hrs in sanding that cowl to make sure it was smooth

What was the process? Just a high build primer and paint?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dboat

Reaction score
had some pulleys and belts replaced as they were squealing, while there they replaced the batteries under warranty. love warranty work

dsberman94

Reaction score
Called the shop to figure out why they’ve had it for a month now and it hasn’t even made it inside to figure out what’s wrong with it yet. Then I got hung up on when they figured out who it was. They keep telling me it’ll be in next week and next week has come and gone 3 times. Left a message and still didn’t hear back so I think I’m pulling it out of their lot this week and bringing it somewhere else as long as they have an opening. The issue should literally take no more than 2 hours to diagnose. Everything was taken apart when I sent it there. Why is it so dam hard to find a trustworthy mechanic to bring a vehicle to.

sootie

Reaction score
Probably back burner due to them starting with a truck already messed with... Not my favorite thing to start trying to diagnose street someone else has had their fingers in it

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
Probably back burner due to them starting with a truck already messed with... Not my favorite thing to start trying to diagnose street someone else has had their fingers in it

whs, plus when you call around and say it's no big deal get to it whenever, they will,,,,,,,, When you call the next shop let them know you have been without it for 3 weeks and need it back, you don't have to be an azz, but you need to make it sound a little urgent.

dsberman94

Reaction score

I could understand that if I had pulled the whole thing apart and there were heads and injectors out of it. As far as I got was just got the valve covers off and put them back on with 2 bolts each. Just means it’s easier for them to continue taking more off.

whs, plus when you call around and say it's no big deal get to it whenever, they will,,,,,,,, When you call the next shop let them know you have been without it for 3 weeks and need it back, you don't have to be an azz, but you need to make it sound a little urgent.

3 weeks-3 months, same thing really. Lol. I hope the other shop calls me back Monday or I’ll Be calling them back on Tuesday. I guess the guy who knows everything about their timeframe for work was out on a service call and I didn’t hear back yesterday before closing.

sootie

Reaction score
I could understand that if I had pulled the whole thing apart and there were heads and injectors out of it. As far as I got was just got the valve covers off and put them back on with 2 bolts each. Just means it’s easier for them to continue taking more off.

3 weeks-3 months, same thing really. Lol. I hope the other shop calls me back Monday or I’ll Be calling them back on Tuesday. I guess the guy who knows everything about their timeframe for work was out on a service call and I didn’t hear back yesterday before closing.
Doesn't matter what you did or didn't do, its the thought process from the shops perspective. Let me also guess you tried to tell them was wrong with the truck too....

dsberman94

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what you did or didn't do, its the thought process from the shops perspective. Let me also guess you tried to tell them was wrong with the truck too....

Nope. I said it’s burning coolant which I’m guessing is either an injector cut or head gasket and that’s as far as I went. I’m paying them to figure it out so I’m not telling them what to do.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Started putting a compound kit on today... Oil pan fought me every step of the way, almost like the truck doesnt want the extra turbo on it or something... :fustrate:

Jomax

Reaction score
Started putting a compound kit on today... Oil pan fought me every step of the way, almost like the truck doesnt want the extra turbo on it or something... :fustrate:

I think you should find a qualified mechanic.. back yard mechanic doesn’t cut it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hucorey

Reaction score
Took a picture of it. Lol
4841e9b73b70443076556387b3cd88b3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mckinney1

Reaction score
I walked by it in the garage. I am fortunate to have a company truck provided to me so I drive that most of the time, maybe I need to get mine out?

C2tuck

Reaction score
I walked by it in the garage. I am fortunate to have a company truck provided to me so I drive that most of the time, maybe I need to get mine out?

Me too...gotta remind the wife to go start it every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online