hydra tuning -modified valve body vs non

bassthumper

Reaction score
If thats my option only then i will just go in it and find out the vb thats installed...... my question is more related to the tunes which no one has answered.

i appreciate the info. i will probably just go in the tranny at some point and research it.

DieselDC

Reaction score
If thats my option only then i will just go in it and find out the vb thats installed...... my question is more related to the tunes which no one has answered.

i appreciate the info. i will probably just go in the tranny at some point and research it.

Php will give you a custom tune per Transmission specs. I used a transgo kit and they wanted to know specifically what components were used. Gave it to them and the result is a transmission that shifts as smooth as my BTS 4r100.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

mandkole

Reaction score
If you even remotely think the VB or trans is modded (has line risers, etc.. ) automatically select no trans tuning for your engine tuning package. To me, risers in the tunes are just another way to kill a perfectly good stock trans.

79jasper

Reaction score
If you even remotely think the VB or trans is modded (has line risers, etc.. ) automatically select no trans tuning for your engine tuning package. To me, risers in the tunes are just another way to kill a perfectly good stock trans.
Wouldn't it be the other way around?
Since typically tunes for a auto have already been customized. So maybe "w/modified valvebody" is lesser trans tuning/lower line pressure?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be the other way around?
Since typically tunes for a auto have already been customized. So maybe "w/modified valvebody" is lesser trans tuning/lower line pressure?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Correct.

If you have line pressure being raised mechanically in the transmission you would select "w/modified valvebody". This will lessen the added pressure from the tune.

Latest posts

Members online