Time to do injectors

DieselDC

Reaction score
I forgot what’s going on but you should use wd40 and not ether.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Well I went to the mechanics shop and I got it fired off. It’s running rough but to be expected with a new hpop and injectors. My problem is very little turbo boost. I have to really put it down to squeeze 10 lbs out of it. It’s the kc stage 1 turbo. Now I understand it’s probably not big enough for my 238/80’s but shouldn’t it be doing better? Egts were cool what little I ran it. Bout 4 miles. I’ve contacted them by email just waiting for a response. Hopefully it’s an easy fix.

79jasper

Reaction score
Running cool + low boost = not enough fuel.
With those injectors you should he able to peg 1,000 pretty easily.
Stock tuning maybe? Bad boost gauge?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
What tune are you running?
Does it smoke like crazy at only 10psi of boost?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Gh tuning boost gauge is ok. I think you might be right about fuel. Smoking white and strong diesel smell. It’s going back in the shop to have the oil dipstick tube fixed at the oil pan. I’ll have him check it all out. I think it’s got a leak in the inter cooling and y pipe somewhere to. It’s time to put new boots and clamps on anyways.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Man this sounds like it’s costing some coin.

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Yep I’ve definitely put some $ in it. Yes it’s smoking when you touch the pedal. Strong fuel smell at idle also. The mechanic said he saw a fuel leak but I haven’t saw it leaking anywhere. I haven’t done anything to it since I got it home. Been working night shift for a week and transition back to days tomorrow so really hadn’t had time. When I was driving it I had 4th setting I think tow/ street. I’m going to order all new boots and clamps and change them out. Hopefully that will seal up any leaks.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Yesterday I took all the boots off and replaced the clamps. Found a small fuel leak on the supply side just before the split to the heads. I drove it about 40 miles to a shop to drop it off and I tried the other tunes out. Street,heavy tow,stealth,all out. I’d been running in tow/economy. The other tunes would spool up to 27-28lb. But throttle response was slow. Lots of smoke with a mix of black and white with a steady haze the whole ride. This guy is very familiar with our trucks and has a built 7.3 of his own so I’m sure he’ll have it figured out soon.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yesterday I took all the boots off and replaced the clamps. Found a small fuel leak on the supply side just before the split to the heads. I drove it about 40 miles to a shop to drop it off and I tried the other tunes out. Street,heavy tow,stealth,all out. I’d been running in tow/economy. The other tunes would spool up to 27-28lb. But throttle response was slow. Lots of smoke with a mix of black and white with a steady haze the whole ride. This guy is very familiar with our trucks and has a built 7.3 of his own so I’m sure he’ll have it figured out soon.
Still sounds like you have a boost leak. Are you running a waste gate?

live life full throttle

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Ok here’s a another update. Yes I am running a wastegate. My ICP is bad and either my stock fuel pump is not going to big enough or it’s weak,according to the mechanic. Also I may not have programmed the hydra chip right so it might be running on stock computer. Or something isn’t right with the chip and just needs updated. Also there is a fuel leak off the return side under the truck. He sounds pretty optimistic that it’s a simple fix.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Hydra has two options once plugged in
1. On
2. No start (stock tuning will not run with it plugged jn)

What injectors were you running again? Been awhile looking at the thread.

—————signature—————

Last edited:

dmd

Reaction score
When doing tunes with Matt at ******** he pulled the tube from the wastegate when I had the exact issues.. He said that is they way it should be. That was several years ago
but is the way it has been with his tunes.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Hydra has two options once plugged in
1. On
2. No start (stock tuning will not run with it plugged jn)

What injectors were you running again? Been awhile looking at the thread.

—————signature—————

238/100’s

Dirtclod

Reaction score
When doing tunes with Matt at ******** he pulled the tube from the wastegate when I had the exact issues.. He said that is they way it should be. That was several years ago
but is the way it has been with his tunes.

Ok I’ll pass that on to my mechanic. Thanks for the replies.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I forgot to mension this,but he thinks for some reason and maybe because the icp sensor isn’t working correctly that the computer is having 2 shots of fuel delivered like it would for split shot injectors instead of a single shot of fuel. Now all that is over my head. I have read some stuff as to where an icp sensor or ipr valve or something else there related would cause the pcm to try and compensate for lack of whatever just to keep the engine alive. Would this cause a situation for overfueling? Or say cause the injector to stay open ping too much fuel into the cylinder?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I trust him to an extent. He and his partner only work on diesel pickups. His personal truck is a Superduty 7.3 99-03. It’s also modified. I know that don’t mean squat. I’m giving him till the end of the week to figure it out.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
How much do you trust this mechanic, does he do a lot of diesel work or is it just some dude in a garage?

That’s all he works on. His personal truck is a 99-03 7.3. If he can’t figure this out by the end of the week I’ll take it to Full Throttle performance. It’ll be a month or so before they can work it in but if know they’re good.

Latest posts

Members online