205/30 T4 s369 vs s364.5

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I have a 366sxe with 238/80s with "PMR" safe tunes from GH- originally tuned for a 38r and I haven't had any revisions yet
This set up is lazy under 10psi and doesn't really come alive until 15psi if you're lugging it
The truck moves out pretty well but it's a tad smokey under 10psi. Still tows ok but I'm seriously considering dropping to 364.5sxe or 363sxe but I dont want to go to small

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

INFRNL

Reaction score
Here in Az we can go from 600ft to 7500ft in about 2 hours. So we have a great deal of hills and elevation here. At sea level you don't notice the lag as much... but as you know, turbo lag is greatly exaggerated the more you go up in elevation.

250/100 and s369 is an awesome street setup at sea level... but I can only imagine how much that sucks trying to pull 15K at higher elevation.

No one can tell you what the right setup is for you... but by going smaller you will see a huge increase in towing ability and spool up from a dead stop all the way up to 2500rpms but you are going to lose top end power above 2500rpms to redline.
Thanks, i'll have to pay attention to my rpm's a bit more; i don't think it's often that I go above 2500. I guess if i am messing around it may hit closer to 3000 before it shifts when i'm really getting on it.

I will be having a 366sxe coming for my project; so i will check it out on my current daily driver 1st to see what i think

I have a 366sxe with 238/80s with "PMR" safe tunes from GH- originally tuned for a 38r and I haven't had any revisions yet
This set up is lazy under 10psi and doesn't really come alive until 15psi if you're lugging it
The truck moves out pretty well but it's a tad smokey under 10psi. Still tows ok but I'm seriously considering dropping to 364.5sxe or 363sxe but I dont want to go to small

I think i need to call gh too. i was playing around a little bit last night.
my daily and all out tune use the entire range of the pedal and its very linear/flat. my econo/tow tune is more aggressive than my daily and all out. I do like that the gh daily tune will downshift a lot better than any other tune i have when the truck starts lugging. any other tune and I have to fill the road with smoke before it downshifts. so I have learned to turn off overdrive but I shouldn't have to do that

Have you tried tunes from anyone else; they are usually more aggressive

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
Why were the oil temps when towing with the 369 such a problem? Was it just high egt’s causing the problem? I just installed a S369 .91 with 250/100’s and tow at higher elevations. I’m hoping to not have any issues. I had the BASB before and loved it but the top end egt’s were pretty high. I was contemplating the 366 being a happy medium for the 250/100 and higher elevations but decided to try the 69.

INFRNL

Reaction score
How does your truck do now that you put the 369 on? what elevation are you at?
You should still able to tow, but you will probably have to keep your eye on the egt gauge more. You also might not be able to climb as fast as others.

When i had my LASB, it would pick up speed quicker while cruising as well as less lag on the bottom. That could partly be because it would start spooling sooner, IDK.

369 can be really fun when empty but I also do not have any experience with a 364.5 or 366. I will have a 366 to try in a few weeks. I will report my thoughts after I try the 366. From what someone told me; there really shouldn't be much of a difference going to the 366. Even if the 366 started spooling 100rpms earlier; that could make quite a difference in some cases.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Thanks, i'll have to pay attention to my rpm's a bit more; i don't think it's often that I go above 2500. I guess if i am messing around it may hit closer to 3000 before it shifts when i'm really getting on it.

I will be having a 366sxe coming for my project; so i will check it out on my current daily driver 1st to see what i think

I think i need to call gh too. i was playing around a little bit last night.
my daily and all out tune use the entire range of the pedal and its very linear/flat. my econo/tow tune is more aggressive than my daily and all out. I do like that the gh daily tune will downshift a lot better than any other tune i have when the truck starts lugging. any other tune and I have to fill the road with smoke before it downshifts. so I have learned to turn off overdrive but I shouldn't have to do that

Have you tried tunes from anyone else; they are usually more aggressive
I haven't tried any one else's tunes, it drives great and tows pretty good with the current tunes but it could be better I feel. I feel like a little smaller turbo will help me out.
What turbo are you running now?

INFRNL

Reaction score
I haven't tried any one else's tunes, it drives great and tows pretty good with the current tunes but it could be better I feel. I feel like a little smaller turbo will help me out.
What turbo are you running now?

I'm currently running the 369sxe but will be trying a 366sxe here in a few weeks or so.

How far away to do you live from GH? I feel that once you have had time with tunes; you could get live tuning and let them know exactly what you are after or let them know the things you don't like.

in your daily and hot tune, do they feel really mellow? I have to stomp on it to get mine to feel like a real tune and it's still questionable. Mine are literally like a dimmer switch; the more you give it the more you get. I do like the way they are for a winter standpoint though. this way I do not have to worry about too much torque on the bottom end.

with your injectors, I think you could go to a 364.5 but as i was told, maybe it's in the tuning and that would be a better start than buying a new turbo to swap.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I'm currently running the 369sxe but will be trying a 366sxe here in a few weeks or so.

How far away to do you live from GH? I feel that once you have had time with tunes; you could get live tuning and let them know exactly what you are after or let them know the things you don't like.

in your daily and hot tune, do they feel really mellow? I have to stomp on it to get mine to feel like a real tune and it's still questionable. Mine are literally like a dimmer switch; the more you give it the more you get. I do like the way they are for a winter standpoint though. this way I do not have to worry about too much torque on the bottom end.

with your injectors, I think you could go to a 364.5 but as i was told, maybe it's in the tuning and that would be a better start than buying a new turbo to swap.
I'm about 90 minutes from GH. I need to contact them and go from there.
This is probably about the hottest set up I want to run on PMRs.
It tows pretty well, but it seems like its lacking a little under 15psi as I have been saying.
I just dont remember having to lock out OD periodically like I do now even if it's not very often. 3.73 gears and 35s I have to be a little over 70mph to be in the meat of the power- which was true with the 38r as well.
Here's what I'm pulling, about 7000 lbs with our junk in it
67c344adf2c3931db3999bb076b7b9bd.jpg

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
I just got the 369 on and my Honey Badger Jr. took a crap. I hope it didn't hurt anything by sending debris down stream. I have an adrenaline on the way. I knew I didn't trust Dyno Proven and should've known better. I'll know by next weekend how the towing is. I'm sure it'll be hard to beat the 364.5 down low and mid range but we'll see overall. I'm on 37's with 4.10's in an OBS. Live at 3500 and go up from there to over 10,000 occasionally.

I never was happy with GH. I liked dealing with them but smoky, slow and Hot. PHP ran 10 times better. Andrew Arthur is dialing in my tuning now and he is the one that talked me into the 369.

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
I'm curious if Precision would have a turbo that would give a guy best of both worlds here. I see they say they have a new line of turbos coming out at some point. How about the Precision 6870 CEA?

INFRNL

Reaction score
I'm about 90 minutes from GH. I need to contact them and go from there.
This is probably about the hottest set up I want to run on PMRs.
It tows pretty well, but it seems like its lacking a little under 15psi as I have been saying.
I just dont remember having to lock out OD periodically like I do now even if it's not very often. 3.73 gears and 35s I have to be a little over 70mph to be in the meat of the power- which was true with the 38r as well.
Here's what I'm pulling, about 7000 lbs with our junk in it
nice setup you got there.
how do you like the 3:73's with 35's? I have 4:10's with 315's/35's. When/If i wear these out, I'm tininking of dropping down to 33's.

I just got the 369 on and my Honey Badger Jr. took a crap. I hope it didn't hurt anything by sending debris down stream. I have an adrenaline on the way. I knew I didn't trust Dyno Proven and should've known better. I'll know by next weekend how the towing is. I'm sure it'll be hard to beat the 364.5 down low and mid range but we'll see overall. I'm on 37's with 4.10's in an OBS. Live at 3500 and go up from there to over 10,000 occasionally.

I never was happy with GH. I liked dealing with them but smoky, slow and Hot. PHP ran 10 times better. Andrew Arthur is dialing in my tuning now and he is the one that talked me into the 369.

sounds like SRP 1.1 and honeybadger have things in common. I'm running an adrenaline now as well...time will tell. I might try an hpop from Corey for my project truck

I'm not sure who Andrew is but i hope he gets you dialed in. I agree that i think PHP tunes have been my favorite overall. This is probably because his tunes behaved the best after a revision. I never had a chance to get others revised, so it's hard to say overall.
My 1023 tunes have been really good first time out. only complaint I could say is that i'd want it to downshift out of OD easier.

GH tunes are good without issue, but I want them to be more aggressive but have use for the way it acts now.

I'm curious if Precision would have a turbo that would give a guy best of both worlds here. I see they say they have a new line of turbos coming out at some point. How about the Precision 6870 CEA?

I believe best of both worlds are compounds

davejr

Reaction score
I just had revisions from GH.Was running files from 2013 when Hydra 1st came out and have made massive changes.Took 3 days from when I made contact to them emailing new files.Ive tried other vendors but I have free revisions for life on this truck and I like the linear power/art control and mpg.I tow alot and plow so I'm usually in my daily/tow tune#4 and the revision made it even better.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
sounds like SRP 1.1 and honeybadger have things in common. I'm running an adrenaline now as well...time will tell. I might try an hpop from Corey for my project truck

I’ve got almost 300,000 miles on my Adrenaline. So far so good and still holds over 3000psi at WOT.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
nice setup you got there.

how do you like the 3:73's with 35's? I have 4:10's with 315's/35's. When/If i wear these out, I'm tininking of dropping down to 33's.

I'm not sure who Andrew is but i hope he gets you dialed in. I agree that i think PHP tunes have been my favorite overall. This is probably because his tunes behaved the best after a revision. I never had a chance to get others revised, so it's hard to say overall.

My 1023 tunes have been really good first time out. only complaint I could say is that i'd want it to downshift out of OD easier.

GH tunes are good without issue, but I want them to be more aggressive but have use for the way it acts now.

I believe best of both worlds are compounds
It pulls pretty well, but I'm searching for more low end grunt. One of these days I'm going to run my street tires from my 2wd to kind of simulate running 4.10s- a gear change would help
To really be in the meat of the power I have to tow at least 70

Also I bought an adrenaline used years ago and it's still doing great

INFRNL

Reaction score
I just had revisions from GH.Was running files from 2013 when Hydra 1st came out and have made massive changes.Took 3 days from when I made contact to them emailing new files.Ive tried other vendors but I have free revisions for life on this truck and I like the linear power/art control and mpg.I tow alot and plow so I'm usually in my daily/tow tune#4 and the revision made it even better.
good to hear. at some point I will be getting a hold of them for live tuning.
I’ve got almost 300,000 miles on my Adrenaline. So far so good and still holds over 3000psi at WOT.
thats definitely reassuring, thanks
It pulls pretty well, but I'm searching for more low end grunt. One of these days I'm going to run my street tires from my 2wd to kind of simulate running 4.10s- a gear change would help
To really be in the meat of the power I have to tow at least 70

Also I bought an adrenaline used years ago and it's still doing great
I imagine 3:73's with big tires and a diesel isn't nearly as bad as if it were a gasser. with my current config, our main road is only 45mph even though most do 50-60-70mph. I don't like to drive all rev'd up so i will let it go into od but our roads aren't necessarily flat and I find the rpms to be too low.
in this case maybe 3:73's might be ok as it wouldn't rev as high with OD off and could use OD when actually cruising on the hwy.

there are just some speeds that we get stuck at on the road that are not optimal for my particular setup, I think.

I appreciate the feedback
I'm not sure who Andrew is but i hope he gets you dialed in.

Andrew Arthur with AA Design and Tuning 206-445-2539. He was recommended by PHP, he built the T4 Setup and did the live tuning. He’s in the Spokane area and has been great to deal with!

Thanks, I will keep him in mind.
Spokane is approx 1160 miles from me. GH is approx 870 miles....surprisingly tyrant is only 810 miles, PHP is 1425,iles but I am not sure if they still live tune.

not sure whom else does live tuning. i know sometimes different tuners are in certain cities doing live tuning, but I feel that I would rather schedule and drive to a tuners location so they aren't rushed.

Luckily my various tunes are good enough to get me by for now.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
good to hear. at some point I will be getting a hold of them for live tuning.

thats definitely reassuring, thanks

I imagine 3:73's with big tires and a diesel isn't nearly as bad as if it were a gasser. with my current config, our main road is only 45mph even though most do 50-60-70mph. I don't like to drive all rev'd up so i will let it go into od but our roads aren't necessarily flat and I find the rpms to be too low.
in this case maybe 3:73's might be ok as it wouldn't rev as high with OD off and could use OD when actually cruising on the hwy.

there are just some speeds that we get stuck at on the road that are not optimal for my particular setup, I think.

I appreciate the feedback

just pulled the trigger on a 364.5sxe
Not sure if you'd be interested in my 366sxe, if not I'll just list it for sale!

Last edited:

bigfords

Reaction score
Let us know how that 364.5 works with the 238/80s. I've been thinking about making the same move.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back woods

Reaction score
Why the switch from 366 to 364.5? Spool time? Elevation? I love how my 366 runs, even with stock injectors I dont think it is lazy at all. Automatic transmission truck.

bigfords

Reaction score
I really like my 66 also, I'm looking for the most ideal tow setup as possible.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Why the switch from 366 to 364.5? Spool time? Elevation? I love how my 366 runs, even with stock injectors I dont think it is lazy at all. Automatic transmission truck.
I really like my 66 also, I'm looking for the most ideal tow setup as possible.

The 366 is fun but its lazy when pulling my TT.
I even bought the 68/74 exhaust wheel on the 364.5 - I wasn't sure that just the smaller compressor wheel would be enough...
I want this truck to pull trailers, and I'll sacrifice top end for better low and midrange.

I liked the 38r and the 364.5 with the 68/74 exhaust wheel is similar in size, and if the SXE is far superior it should still out perform!
Again my tunes are reserved being I have PMRs so that probably plays in too.

Its tuned to keep the torque limited down low, and the bigger s366 and 35" dont help!

Latest posts

Members online