Upgraded Power Steering Pump Installed

Peroni

Reaction score
Would you know the thread size to convert the fittings on the P/S pump and booster to JIC/AN? Or the part numbers for the fittings.

Thanks

Billy T.
[email protected]

I know the pump fitting is M16x1.5 as I made my own. Not sure on the booster, I kept the stock lines on mine. Pretty sure Lee Power Steering can hook you up with the correct fittings if you give them a call.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Rock Auto sells them also under AC Delco part# 36P1613.

Billy T.
[email protected]

I'm bringing this back up right here. On rock auto, under 2000 E350 Vans, they have several pumps that include pulleys.

Anybody know if they are correct pulleys? Some of these pumps are only $40...

If they are correct, I'm gonna snatch one up and put it away for future use...

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
How do I know if it's correct? Is it the offset of the pulley being incorrect? Or the shaft diameter? If it comes with the pulley I'm assuming it's the correct shaft diameter, because the pulley is already on it.

What is the correct offset?

g_wall7.3

Reaction score
Ps Pump Pulley

How do I know if it's correct? Is it the offset of the pulley being incorrect? Or the shaft diameter? If it comes with the pulley I'm assuming it's the correct shaft diameter, because the pulley is already on it.

What is the correct offset?

Did you ever order one of those pumps from rockauto to try out?

Tylerjehowski

Reaction score
I have a full setup for sale if anyone is interested? Bracket, pump with pulley, vacuum pump and reservoir.

Lara

Reaction score
Seller took a while to ship the bracket but I finally have it. Pictures won’t upload but the part number is F7TE-19E708-BA.

Lara

Reaction score
Also, I got the ps reservoir from a E-350 but not the cooler that it comes with. Is the cooler needed or can I just cap the inlet on the ps reservoir? Thanks!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Haven't posted here in awhile. Just finished my power steering/hydroboost swap.

I originally was running the F-SuperDuty hydroboost unit along with the matching master. Although the truck stopped fine but the brake pedal feel was not correct. So I found a Ford F-53 Hydroboost unit and purchased the OBS F250/F350 master. The master is obsolete so I settled with a Raybestos unit.

Since this going to require some custom hoses, I decided to swap the fittings to -6AN.
Hydroboost unit:
Aeroquip FBM2608 - 16mmx1.5 - 6AN
Aeroquip FBM2609 - 18mmx1.5 - 6AN
TechnaFit FTS 185009 5/16-24 o'ring

Pump:
TechnaFit FTS 306-06-M16DW 16mmx1.5 with Dowty Washer

Gear (4 bolt cover)
Russell 648010 1/2-20 -6AN o'ring seal

I bend up some 3/8 stainless tubing and single flared the ends with tube nuts. I covered the power steering lines with silicone fire sleeve. I rotated the pump fluid inlet to a better position. The non-pressure hose is Parker Pusk-Lok hose with Fragola hose ends. The feed line is 3/4 (-12) and the return is 3/8 (-6). The return lines are "T'd" together (OEM tube cooler, hydroboost unit and reservoir)

I forgot to grab a pic of how I mounted the Ford reservoir. The OEM reservoir has a build in screen for filtering.

Also, I replaced the stock steering shaft with the Borgensen shaft. I'm eventually probably going to swap in a Blue Top gear. Since my truck has the 4 bolt cover, I want to find a core and send that one in so I don't have any down time.

Didn't drive the truck yet, ran out of time.

20210107-181345-1.jpg

20210109-155933-1.jpg

20210109-160056-1.jpg

20210109-160619-1.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Haven't posted here in awhile. Just finished my power steering/hydroboost swap.

I originally was running the F-SuperDuty hydroboost unit along with the matching master. Although the truck stopped fine but the brake pedal feel was not correct.

Didn't drive the truck yet, ran out of time.

Billy T.
[email protected]

What do you mean by brake pedal doesn't feel right?

Mine is really stiff. Seems like steering is harder than it should be. I understand where a better pump might help, but I also understand why it might not or not last very long.
My truck will certainly stop but but you are pushing hard. I was disappointed after the swap (and yes I moved the pin on the brake pedal)
I do have a new steering box installed but not because of this fiasco.

What rear brake setup do you have?

I think my next step is possible hydroboost porting unless you tell me this is the way to go.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.