6.4 Gone. 2017 6.7 F350 Platinum In.

Wicked

Reaction score
Hey question for ya - when you swapped the headlights did you sell your stock factor LEDs? If so how much did you get for them? The more I look at the Morimotos the more I want them. Just need to justify the cost.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Hey question for ya - when you swapped the headlights did you sell your stock factor LEDs? If so how much did you get for them? The more I look at the Morimotos the more I want them. Just need to justify the cost.

I did. I sold mine off as a core set to one of the big custom headlight builders for 1200-1300$ If im remembering right

Wicked

Reaction score
Sounds good - I am going to do the same. How do you like the headlights? Brighter and better beam pattern? How about the DRLs - are they brighter as well? On their website it states that they dim the DRLs when the headlights come on... I know with the stock LEDs we can program that out so the DRLs stay on maximum brightness regardless of headlights on/off. What does yours do?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Much brighter, cleaner cutoff line. You can change the DRL setting, mine stays maximum brightness on the auto setting for day/night.

alewis

Reaction score
I know more details will be available soon but what are the expected oil change intervals
With this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
I know more details will be available soon but what are the expected oil change intervals
With this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the oil lab tests come back with good results, I am told 20,000 miles between changes using LE 8854.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
As long as the oil lab tests come back with good results, I am told 20,000 miles between changes using LE 8854.

How much was the bypass kit, if you and jim don't mind talking money in the open?

20k would we awesome. I drive a ton.
Already running 8854 in all my 6.4's and going to switch the old mans 6.7 over to it.

Black AOD

Reaction score
How much was the bypass kit, if you and jim don't mind talking money in the open?

20k would we awesome. I drive a ton.

Already running 8854 in all my 6.4's and going to switch the old mans 6.7 over to it.
You'd have to ask Jim. I have no idea.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
Jim told me for the oil shearing motors like my 6.0, it would be good for 20+. Told me to do a oil sample at 20k and do filter changes and see what the tests say. If I can do even 15-20k intervals then I have no problem changing oil and both oil filters at that time.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Man one day I’ll be rich and have a nice truck again.. :fustrate:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Jim told me for the oil shearing motors like my 6.0, it would be good for 20+. Told me to do a oil sample at 20k and do filter changes and see what the tests say. If I can do even 15-20k intervals then I have no problem changing oil and both oil filters at that time.
That's good info. Jim told me 20k+ easy for my 6.7, maybe even 30k changes. Just depends how the tests come back.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online