Another PMR hp question

superpsd

Reaction score
Any experienced tuner should be able to tune for torque. It's comes down to limiting timing advancement and fueling down low to keep cylinder pressure from venting part's. There was a thread a decade ago where Swamps tuned a 7.3 to make 1000 hp on oem forged rods. They tuned it so the power didn't really start coming on until the engine was over 2000 rpm.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Any experienced tuner should be able to tune for torque. It's comes down to limiting timing advancement and fueling down low to keep cylinder pressure from venting part's. There was a thread a decade ago where Swamps tuned a 7.3 to make 1000 hp on oem forged rods. They tuned it so the power didn't really start coming on until the engine was over 2000 rpm.

I would be super interested in reading that, but I'm sure it's long gone in the sea of the internet

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
That is a cool little read, even one guy with 205/100s making almost 900hp on spray? That's crazy. Another guy making 850 with stick valve springs and pushrods is impressive

superpsd

Reaction score
A bunch of those guys had near stock engines. Keep Cylinder pressure in check with good tuning and backpressure low with a turbo capable of exhaling and Walla big power without breaking stuff. At least for a few pulls.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
I am very curious how long those lasted. Looks like a few of them did some good pulls, went out for burnouts and 1/4 mile drags though.

I'd be happy with a 200k mile 500hp motor.

superpsd

Reaction score
Some are probably still running. Torque is what hurts the stock bottom ends. Tune the torque out and put the power in latter and should hold for a while. Anything can happen. Matt Maier of Irate has making big power with a stock forged rod engine. I read he bent a rod in the original engine after enough passes down the strip.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I wonder if Charles pmr motor is still kicking with those 250/200’s?

54a1bdf78bc8766c2c36fd92d21d0b3a.jpg

All joking aside, keep the cylinder pressure down low in the rpm to a minimum

Latest posts

Members online