Which caster bushings to buy?

justin51986

Reaction score
I have death wobble on my 2017 f250. all stock.

I am planning on installing a 2.5" level, dual stabilizers, and a track bar drop bracket from ReadyLift. I'd like to get rid of the DW before I add the stabilizers, so I know it is gone, and not just covered up by the stabilizers. I notice MOOG has 2 part numbers, and one has more caster/camber than the other. How do I know which to order?

P/N K100309 has +2.30 Caster correction 0.5 Camber
P/N K100310 has +2.60 Caster correction 0.3 Camber

also ordered a MOOG Track bar bushing this morning, I plan on just replacing things step by step until I find the fix. thanks!

Addicted4

Reaction score
Has it always had death wobble? How many miles on the truck? Tie rod ends look good? Track bar bushings? Ball joints?

Look at the icon 2.5” coils that come with the casters. Pmf sells them for 425 I believe.

I used specialty suspension products caster in my 2002 swapped coil front end and I remember them being different from side to side.

AgFisher08

Reaction score
I recently installed the Carli 2* caster shims on my stock 2019 because I had death wobble. Seemed to remedy the issue. Went ahead and also put on the PMF dual stabilizer kit as well. I plan to level like you once my stock tires wear out and all of the other potential problems parts will be addressed at that point.

justin51986

Reaction score
Has it always had death wobble? How many miles on the truck? Tie rod ends look good? Track bar bushings? Ball joints?

Look at the icon 2.5” coils that come with the casters. Pmf sells them for 425 I believe.

I used specialty suspension products caster in my 2002 swapped coil front end and I remember them being different from side to side.

DW just began. truck has 166k on it. Everything seems fairly tight in the front end, without unbolting anything yet. Im hoping to hit it with some wrenches this weekend and see if i can find any worn parts.

Addicted4

Reaction score
Then you have something that is in need of replacement, check the ball joints and steering components for excess play.

sootie

Reaction score
it will be the drag link. Replace both ends, especially with that mileage. Then get it aligned and check caster. Avoid Ready Lift garbage and go with proper parts. Carli springs and alignment cams at minimum

webb06

Reaction score
Avoid moog track bar parts as well. Go back with ford. Seen way too many repeat failures from moog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
I’ll agree moog stuff doesn’t seem to do well with super duty trucks definitely not a fan. I would consider replacing the complete track bar in your situation.

webb06

Reaction score
Ive used them on many projects. Haven't had an issue yet.

Some of us don’t just work on projects. We actually run a shop and repair customers trucks everyday. That being said, again I wouldn’t suggest using anything but oem on the front end of a superduty.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Some of us don’t just work on projects. We actually run a shop and repair customers trucks everyday. That being said, again I wouldn’t suggest using anything but oem on the front end of a superduty.

I had my front end rebuilt recently and the shop mentioned that they put in a moog trackbar ball joint. I asked why they didn't use ford since that's what they used everywhere else and there explanation was that a moog was in there already and once you go with an aftermarket joint you have to stay with one. Something about the aftermarket joints being slightly larger and distorting the hole. Any truth to this?

webb06

Reaction score
I had my front end rebuilt recently and the shop mentioned that they put in a moog trackbar ball joint. I asked why they didn't use ford since that's what they used everywhere else and there explanation was that a moog was in there already and once you go with an aftermarket joint you have to stay with one. Something about the aftermarket joints being slightly larger and distorting the hole. Any truth to this?

Yes. After installing a moog track bar balljoint the oem will not tightly press into the axle. So at that point you’re pretty well screwed with only using moog.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Yes. After installing a moog track bar balljoint the oem will not tightly press into the axle. So at that point you’re pretty well screwed with only using moog.

Well sh¡t.

Latest posts

Members online