2017 down pipe

dieseldrew

Reaction score
Didn't turn up anything in a search but wanted to ask, has the down pipe on the 2017 and newer trucks been improved over previous years ?
And if not who makes an upgraded one for the 2017 model year ?
Any products I can find only have an application up to 2016 making me think they've improved them.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Didn't turn up anything in a search but wanted to ask, has the down pipe on the 2017 and newer trucks been improved over previous years ?
And if not who makes an upgraded one for the 2017 model year ?
Any products I can find only have an application up to 2016 making me think they've improved them.
There has never been a need for one in the 6.7s unless you are going for stupid power gains that use more than one turbo.

live life full throttle

dieseldrew

Reaction score
There has never been a need for one in the 6.7s unless you are going for stupid power gains that use more than one turbo.

OK, then why do they offer them for previous years back to the 7.3 diesels ?
The earlier ones were formed, almost squashed down to fit between the engine and the firewall, thus the offer of a more round tube for the down pipe.
Take a look at a 2016 and their squashed some, not as bad as earlier models but wasn't sure if it was corrected in the 2017 and newer or not. Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
The earlier ones were formed, almost squashed down to fit between the engine and the firewall, thus the offer of a more round tube for the down pipe.
Take a look at a 2016 and their squashed some, not as bad as earlier models but wasn't sure if it was corrected in the 2017 and newer or not. Thanks

because previous models were much more restrictive than 11+...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

For one, thats like apples to oranges. Lol.. two, they are bigger down pipes and 3, they are way more efficient in airflow..

Only restriction on any 6.7, is the turbo itself. The stock hpfp and injectors can outperform the turbo.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.